Deloitte Receives DiversityInc Special Award for Generational Workforce Communications
Honor Recognizes Deloitte's Compelling Research and Insights into Generational Diversity
NEW YORK, Jan. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Deloitte has been named this year's "Top Company for Generational Communications," by DiversityInc, a leading publication on diversity and business. The award recognizes Deloitte's pioneering research and solutions in talent development, performance, engagement and communication – particularly among Millennials, Generation X and baby boomers.
"The journey to achieve workplace diversity is constantly evolving, and effective communication between employees and clients across different generations is a critical part of the dialogue along the way," said Barry Salzberg , chief executive officer, Deloitte LLP. "Receiving the Generational Communications award from DiversityInc demonstrates our progress and commitment to fostering an inclusive culture that directly impacts our people, clients, productivity and marketplace positioning."
Deloitte's extensive body of research on generations in the workforce includes:
- "Managing Talent in a Turbulent Economy Research Series" – A five-part longitudinal survey of high-ranking executives worldwide that examined the way organizations have adjusted their workforces and talent strategies in response to shifting economic forces. As part of the study, Managing Talent in a Turbulent Economy, Deloitte explored how generational trends are making it more crucial than ever for companies to develop high-potential talent and cultivate future leaders.
- "Generation Y: Inspiring Change in the Federal Government and the Creation of a Networked Workforce" – A whitepaper focused on solutions to two critical challenges the federal government is currently facing – integrating Gen Y into the federal workforce and creating a "networked" workforce in government.
- "Gen Y Automotive Survey" – An annual survey series that offers the automotive industry an in-depth look and insights into Gen Y's attitudes, opinions and perceptions of vehicles and the industry as a whole.
In addition to research, Deloitte also encourages cross-generational communication on furthering professional development, career-life fit and high performance in the workplace through a variety of vehicles including:
- Generational Engagement by Deloitte's Women's Initiative (WIN) – WIN leaders have engaged Deloitte professionals across generations in an effort to improve organizational communications and identify the needs of future generations of the workforce. A highlight of these efforts was a panel discussion this fall in front of approximately 1,100 partners, principals and directors that involved Gen Y representatives from Deloitte and other companies in conversation about meaningful work, retention, incentives, work styles and motivation. Additionally, a council of managers advising WIN leaders recently undertook an effort to revamp national WIN communications as a way to improve interaction with Gen Y within the organization. Currently, the council is looking at ways to further enhance career-life fit.
- The Northeast Gen Y Advisory Council – Deloitte established the Council to serve as a forum where Gen Y employees from all different functions in the Northeast region could share information, ideas and opinions. The Council also helped spearhead two pilot programs including a 360 degree mentoring program where Gen Y employees mentor senior professionals and vice versa; for example, junior employees may guide more senior practitioners in areas such as emerging technology. In a New Hire Rotational Program, select new hires spend their first two years at Deloitte gaining experience in each of the four functions across the organization.
"Our professionals' ability to communicate efficiently and effectively across generations is critical to providing the highest quality of services for our clients," said John Zamora , chief diversity officer, Deloitte LLP. "The extensive research we conduct in this area helps us improve our training and development programs which are integral to encouraging fluid communication throughout our organization."
The "Top Company for Generational Communications" award comes in addition to a long list of awards for Deloitte from DiversityInc. Past recognitions include being named to "DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity;" "DiversityInc Top 10 Companies for Asian Americans;" "Top 10 Companies for Executive Women;" and "Top 10 Companies for People with Disabilities."
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.