LAS VEGAS, Feb. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- Deloitte physician enterprise and ambulatory services powered by Network Insight™ enables users to build clinically integrated networks targeting the right physicians, in the right locations with the right performance metrics
- Clinically integrated networks with optimal recruitment can yield a significant financial impact annual, incremental health system revenue
- Using next generation analytics that layer quality and cost performance on top of steerage, health systems can target patient retention efforts and physician loyalty where they will favorably impact both fee-for-service revenue and value-based shared savings pools.
- Real-time scenario planning enables accelerated decision making
- Combination of analytics, services and products is delivering 6-1 to 9-1 ROI
Deloitte has developed a set of professional services that leverage analytics from ConvergeHEALTH by Deloitte. Network Insight™ enables providers to coordinate care and manage costs for their patient populations by optimizing physician networks. Deloitte's physician enterprise and ambulatory services enable clients to analyze and deploy an optimal mix of primary care practitioners and specialists that supports value-based, outcomes-centered care.
With the transition away from a volume-based, transaction-driven model of care, it is increasingly important that health systems establish a solid foundation of agile physician networks that can be narrowed or expanded depending on patient needs. Deloitte physician enterprise and ambulatory services powered by Network Insight™ provides a market landscape that allows health systems to determine if they have engaged the right physicians in the right locations with the right performance metrics. Health systems also can compare their physician networks to those of their competitors in terms of cost, quality and market positioning.
Using Deloitte's physician enterprise and ambulatory services, clients have achieved various results and objectives, such as:
- Identified and implemented operational efficiencies resulting in several million dollars in one-time and multiple million dollars in annual revenue improvements.
- Increased patient retention within a health system by 15 percent within 60 days through a comprehensive access and referral management program for value based care.
- Enhanced existing relationships with primary care physicians and designed new affiliation approaches with providers who met defined performance and geographic value criteria.
"The ConvergeHEALTH suite of products and guided analytics solutions coupled with Deloitte's consulting services bring our clients the tools that they need to not only develop a clinically integrated network but manage it for results long after we've left," said Dorrie Guest, director, Deloitte Consulting LLP.
Network Insight™ is a hybrid solution that delivers a 6-1 to 9-1 ROI through a virtually unmatched combination of analytics, services and products that support the volume to value journey – helping users in their efforts to:
- Accelerate the strategic decisions necessary to optimize the physician network by understanding the market landscape and targeting physicians based on user-defined performance and geographic value metrics
- Rationalize assets for greater efficiency and market coverage through a data-driven approach to evaluate and reconfigure ambulatory services market footprint and operations in support of population level care delivery
- Provide clear, concise and actionable performance information, accomplished via a companion mobile application designed to engage physicians and align practice patterns that improve the "metrics that matter" in value based models: quality, cost, utilization and care navigation.
- Implement a programmatic approach to enhance physician loyalty and patient retention within their network, delivering the continuity required to sustain a high quality low cost population management program and favorably impact both fee-for-service revenue and value-based shared savings pools
For one health system, Deloitte evaluated 1,300 primary care providers (PCPs) for recruitment into the clinically integrated network based on quality, efficiency, access, operations, health system relationship and market coverage criteria. By targeting approximately 250 PCPs for optimal recruitment the three year projected financial impact was over $100 million in annual, incremental health system revenue, adjusting for shared savings arrangements with Medicare and commercial payers.
"A distinct advantage that Deloitte brings to the table is that we've been working across multiple disciplines. This includes our actuarial folks, our clinicians, our provider administrative, clinical and business leaders. It also includes our health plan capabilities, as well as our technology and analytic capabilities," said Dr. Bob Williams, director, Deloitte Consulting LLP.
Social Media Links
- Video: Optimizing Physician Networks
- Video: Connecting the Docs
- Webinar: Implementing a Clinically Integrated Network
About ConvergeHEALTH by Deloitte
ConvergeHEALTH brings powerful, demonstrated analytics platforms and data models. We use advanced proprietary and open source analytics, content and benchmarks through collaboration with industry leaders and deep experiences from Deloitte's life sciences and health care consulting practice to help our clients survive and thrive in the new paradigm of value-based, personalized medicine. For more information, visit www.converge-health.com.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.