ATLANTA, Nov. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) will increase service at Boston's Logan International Airport with daily year-round and seasonal service to the following seven destinations, including three new markets.
- New daily service to Jacksonville, Fla. and Richmond, Va., operated by Delta Connection carrier Endeavor Air using 76-seat, two-class CRJ-900s, effective March 3, 2014 and March 6, 2014
- New service to Las Vegas with three flights per week operating a Boeing 737-800, effective March 6, 2014
- Expanding service to Los Angeles with one additional flight for a total of two daily operating a Boeing 737-800, effective April 7, 2014
- New Saturday-only summer seasonal service to Nassau, Bahamas, operated by Delta Connection carrier Shuttle America using 76-seat, two-class E-175s as well as the Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands using an Airbus 320, effective March 8, 2014
- Extended service to Cancun, previously scheduled to end April 26, 2014, now ending Aug. 30, 2014
"We continue to see a growing demand in Boston and increased flights next year will give our customers more direct service at more convenient times," said Bob Cortelyou, senior vice president –Network Planning. "Boston is a key domestic city in our network, and we are committed to providing service that continues to keep us the preferred airline of our customers."
Delta and joint venture partner, Virgin Atlantic, recently announced they will coordinate schedules and retime their respective Boston to Heathrow flights to offer customers more convenient and flexible travel options.
Delta currently operates 70 peak-day departures from Logan International Airport to 16 nonstop destinations. Delta's new Boston service offers customers the option of First Class, Economy Comfort or economy seating, along with in-flight Wi-Fi on domestic flights.
Delta Air Lines serves more than 160 million customers each year. Delta was named by Fortune magazine as the most admired airline worldwide in its 2013 World's Most Admired Companies airline industry list, topping the list for the second time in three years. With an industry-leading global network, Delta and the Delta Connection carriers offer service to 314 destinations in 58 countries on six continents. Headquartered in Atlanta, Delta employs nearly 80,000 employees worldwide and operates a mainline fleet of more than 700 aircraft. The airline is a founding member of the SkyTeam global alliance and participates in the industry's leading trans-Atlantic joint venture with Air France-KLM and Alitalia. Including its worldwide alliance partners, Delta offers customers more than 15,000 daily flights, with hubs in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Minneapolis-St. Paul, New York-LaGuardia, New York-JFK, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Salt Lake City and Tokyo-Narita. Delta is investing more than $3 billion in airport facilities and global products, services and technology to enhance the customer experience in the air and on the ground. Additional information is available on delta.com, Twitter @Delta, Google.com/+Delta and Facebook.com/delta.
SOURCE Delta Air Lines