HOOFDDORP, the Netherlands, April 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta, a global leader in power and thermal management solutions, announced today it has completed the renovation and upgrade of its headquarters (HQs) office for the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region into a green building capable of achieving up to 45% expected annual energy savings, certified as a BREEAM(1) sustainable facility with "Very Good" rating by the Dutch Green Building Council, and boasting a Dutch "A-class Building" energy label.
Transforming the 30-year-old existing office building into a sustainable working environment, the implementation of a wide range of technologies including the Building Management & Control System (BMCS), the Delta Energy Online building energy management system, and energy-saving solutions such as PV inverters, energy storage, EV chargers, and converters for peak shaving, all demonstrate Delta's unrivalled expertise in helping customers retrofit their existing buildings into highly sustainable, efficient and comfortable facilities.
Mr. Jackie Chang, President & General Manager of Delta EMEA, said, "Delta is committed to empowering the low-carbon economy through the development of intelligent energy-saving technologies. Delta has been promoting the green building concept for more than a decade; by retrofitting EMEA HQs into a green building, Delta just contributed to the creation of its 24th green building around the globe. We echo the efforts of the Dutch government in making existing buildings greener, instead of just constructing new buildings. The granting of the BREEAM certification further validates our profile as a total solutions provider. This is a memorable way to celebrate Delta's 30 years of operations in EMEA with all our stakeholders."
"The BREEAM certificate is an independent proof of the sustainability and 'green' qualities of a building. The fact that the renovated Delta Electronics EMEA headquarters building in Hoofddorp has been awarded a 'very good' BREEAM rating, demonstrates that it is possible to transform existing buildings into a highly sustainable ones. Given the focus of the Haarlemmermeer area on sustainability and circular architecture, this building is an excellent example of what can be done in this area and should serve as an inspiration to other building owners in the Netherlands", said Annemarie van Doorn, General Manager of the Dutch Green Building Council.
The portfolio of multiple techniques integrated into this green building are:
- Building Management and Control System (BMCS): This smart building automation platform is based on technologies developed by our subsidiary LOYTEC electronics. This advanced cloud-ready platform is compatible with all open communication protocols available now in building control, thus, enabling a highly effective, cost-efficient and eco-friendly management of the entire building. All sub-systems installed for HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning), lighting, room climate control, power generation and energy storage are linked and managed by Delta's BMCS.
- The Delta Energy Online platform: This enterprise-grade energy management system, furnishes comprehensive, real-time and historical visualized analysis of the entire building's energy use to provide our EMEA HQs facility managers with meaningful support for their strategic plans regarding energy efficiency.
- Renewable Energy Solutions: The rooftop of the building is equipped with a 58.24kW solar system supported by Delta's PV inverters with efficiency up to 98.6%. The aforementioned green power can be optimally utilized by a 48kWh battery energy storage system (BESS) with Delta's 100kW power conversion system, providing bi-directional energy conversion between the PV system, the BESS and the grid, thus, enabling peak shaving functions that further sharpen electricity consumption efficiency.
- LED Lighting Solutions: High-efficiency LED lighting products, smart sensors, actuators as well as LOYTEC's DALI system also integrate as an intelligent building automation platform that creates a smart lighting system. Visual comfort and energy savings are both accomplished by constant light control with user presence and lux level detection. Thus, dimming function takes into account ambient natural lighting.
- EV Charging Solutions: The installation includes one 150kW DC Ultra-Fast EV Charger and 8 AC EVSE (EV Supply Equipment) units. The DC Ultra-Fast Charger is capable of charging of up to 4 electric cars simultaneously, with 2 DC fast charging up to 50 kW, superior to current market EV chargers. These EV Charging Solutions have fascinated the neighbors of our EMEA HQs. In fact, the Hyatt Place Hotel, adjacent to our HQs green building has just inaugurated the installation of 4 Delta's AC Mini Plus units available for their guests.
BREEAM ((Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) is the world's longest established method of assessing, rating, and certifying the sustainability of buildings. The first version was launched in 1990 by the Building Research Establishment (BRE) in the UK. Its scope covers various versions for new buildings, renovated facilities, communities and more. BREEAM is used in more than 70 countries worldwide. In the Netherlands, the BREEAM standard is regulated by the Dutch Green Building Council. For further information please refer to: www.breeam.nl.
Delta, founded in 1971, is a global leader in power and thermal management solutions and a major player in several product segments such as industrial automation, displays, and networking. Its mission statement, "To provide innovative, clean and energy-efficient solutions for a better tomorrow," focuses on addressing key environmental issues such as global climate change. As an energy-saving solutions provider with core competencies in power electronics and innovative research and development, Delta's business domains include Power Electronics, Automation, and Infrastructure. Delta has 153 sales offices, 61 R&D centers and 40 manufacturing facilities worldwide.
Throughout its history, Delta has received many global awards and recognition for its business achievements, innovative technologies and dedication to corporate social responsibility. Since 2011, Delta has been selected as a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability™ World Index (DJSI World) for 6 consecutive years. In 2016, Delta was selected out of 5,800 large companies by CDP (formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project) for its Climate Change Leadership Level.
For detailed information about Delta, please visit: www.delta-emea.com.
Jesse Chou, Assistant Vice President
Tel: +886-2-87972088 Ext. 5520
Johnny Shih, Project Manager
Tel: 886-2-8797-2088 Ext: 5182
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/deltas-emea-headquarters-achieves-annual-energy-savings-up-to-45-300441659.html
SOURCE Delta Electronics