Demotech Assigns Financial Stability Ratings® to the Companies of Allstate Insurance Group
COLUMBUS, Ohio, Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Demotech, Inc. has assigned Financial Stability Ratings® (FSRs) to the companies of Allstate Insurance Group. The following companies of Allstate Insurance Group have been assigned an FSR of Aʺ (A Double Prime):
- Allstate County Mutual Insurance Company
- Allstate Fire and Casualty Insurance Company
- Allstate Indemnity Company
- Allstate Insurance Company
- Allstate New Jersey Property and Casualty Insurance Company
- Allstate North American Insurance Company
- Allstate Property and Casualty Insurance Company
- Allstate Texas Lloyds
- Allstate Vehicle and Property Insurance Company
- Encompass Home and Auto Insurance Company
- Encompass Indemnity Company
- Encompass Independent Insurance Company
- Encompass Insurance Company
- Encompass Insurance Company of America
- Encompass Insurance Company of Massachusetts
- Encompass Insurance Company of New Jersey
- Encompass Property and Casualty Company
- Encompass Property and Casualty Insurance Company of New Jersey
- Esurance Insurance Company
- Esurance Insurance Company of New Jersey
- Esurance Property and Casualty Insurance Company
- North Light Specialty Insurance Company
- Northbrook Indemnity Company.
In addition to the companies listed above, Demotech has assigned an FSR of Aʹ (A Prime) to First Colonial Insurance Company.
Demotech also affirmed the FSRs previously assigned to the following Allstate companies:
- Allstate New Jersey Insurance Company – Aʺ (A Double Prime)
- Castle Key Indemnity Company – Aʹ (A Prime)
- Castle Key Insurance Company – Aʹ (A Prime).
FSRs summarize Demotech's opinion of the financial stability of an insurer regardless of general economic conditions or the phase of the underwriting cycle. FSRs utilize statutory financial data based on insurance accounting principles prescribed or permitted by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). Since 1989, FSRs of A or better have been accepted by the major participants in the secondary mortgage marketplace.
About Demotech, Inc.
Demotech, Inc. is a financial analysis firm specializing in evaluating the financial stability of regional and specialty insurers. Since 1985, Demotech has served the insurance industry by assigning accurate, reliable and proven Financial Stability Ratings® (FSRs) for Property & Casualty insurers and Title underwriters. FSRs are a leading indicator of financial stability, providing an objective baseline of the future solvency of an insurer. Demotech's philosophy is to review and evaluate insurers based on their area of focus and execution of their business model rather than solely on financial size. Visit www.demotech.com for more information.
SOURCE Demotech, Inc.