NEW YORK, Sept. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The global dental implants and prosthetics market is expected to reach USD 12.32 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 7.2% from 2016 to 2021. Market growth can be attributed to the rapid rise in geriatric population, rising incidences of dental caries and other periodontal diseases, rising demand for cosmetic dentistry, and increasing dental care expenditure. However, the high cost of dental implants, limited reimbursements, and high risk of tooth loss associated with dental bridges are the major factors restraining market growth in the coming years. The APAC, Latin American, and the Middle East and African markets exhibit significant growth opportunities, owing to the growing dental tourism and improving dental infrastructure in these regions. Pricing pressure is one of the major challenges faced by players in the global dental implants and prosthetics market.
In this report, the dental implants and prosthetics market is segmented on the basis of dental implants, dental prosthetics, type of facility, and regions. The dental implants market is further categorized on the basis of material, procedure, and type. On the basis of material, the dental implants market is segmented into titanium and zirconium implants. By procedure, dental implants market is segmented into root-form dental implants and plate-from dental implants. By type, the dental implants market is segmented into premium, value, and discounted implants. The dental prosthetics market is subsegmented into bridges, crowns, dentures, abutments, veneers, and inlays & onlays. Dental bridges are further subsegmented into 3-unit bridges, 4-unit bridges, Maryland bridges, and cantilever bridges. By material, the dental crowns and bridges market is subsegmented into PFM, all-ceramic, and metal segments. Based on type of facility, the dental implants and prosthetics market is segmented into hospitals and clinics, dental laboratories, and other type of facility.
On the basis of region, the dental implants and prosthetics market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. Europe accounted for the largest share of the global dental implants and prosthetics market in 2015. The large share of this segment is mainly due to the increase in the region's aging population, rising government expenditure on oral healthcare, and high reimbursement rate as compared to other regions. However, the Asia-pacific region is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The rapidly increasing geriatric population, improving dental infrastructure, and growing dental tourism industry are the major factors contributing to the high growth rate of the APAC region.
The key players in this market are Institut Straumann AG (Switzerland), DENTSPLY Sirona Inc. (U.S.), Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. (U.S.), Danaher Corporation (U.S.), 3M Company (U.S.), AVINENT Implant System (Spain), CAMLOG Biotechnologies AG (Switzerland), BioHorizons IPH, Inc. (U.S.), OSSTEM IMPLANT Co., Ltd. (South Korea), and Bicon, LLC (U.S.).
Objectives of the study:
- To define, describe, and forecast the global dental implants and prosthetics market on the basis of dental implants, dental prosthetics, type of facility, and regions
- To provide detailed information regarding the major factors influencing the growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and trends)
- To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and provide details of the competitive landscape for market leaders
- To forecast the size of the market segments with respect to main regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa, along with major countries in these regions
- To profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies in the global dental implants and prosthetics market
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms in garnering a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for increasing their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios offered by the top players in the dental implants and prosthetics market. The report analyzes the dental implants and prosthetics market by implant, prosthetics, type of facility, and region
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming trends, research and development activities, and new product launches in the dental implants and prosthetics market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative emerging markets, by product and region
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, growing geographies, recent developments, and investments in the dental implants and prosthetics market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the dental implants and prosthetics market
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04166806-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dental-implants-and-prosthetics-market-by-type-material-type-of-facility---forecast-to-2021-300336196.html