Dentists Dish on Their Top 10 Strangest Requests What Special Treatment Do Patients Seek for Their Teeth?
CHICAGO, Feb. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Dentists are the experts when it comes to oral care, but sometimes patients have special requests for their smiles. Prosthetic fangs, gold "grills", tooth tattoos - these might sound crazy to you, but wait until you hear some other requests.
The Chicago Dental Society surveyed more than 300 members to find out the strangest dental requests they'd ever received from patients. Their answers might shock you!
10) "Can you extract my tooth without anesthesia?"
9) "Please wire my mouth shut to aid in my diet."
8) "Can you ID this set of dentures left in the bathroom of the bar I work at?"
7) "I will pay you or your hygienist to floss my teeth at my office every day."
6) "Pull all my teeth, and just give me dentures."
5) "I just broke off my engagement. Can you prepare my tooth so that I can keep the diamond in it?"
4) "Will you give me local anesthesia in my lips? I'm going in for permanent "lipstick" tattoos on my lips, and would like to avoid the pain."
3) "May I have an emergency cleaning visit? It's my high school reunion and I need a bright, white smile to face my old boyfriend."
2) "Can I keep the teeth you pull out of my mouth? I'd like to make a necklace out of them."
And the number one strangest dental request ever received...
"Can you give my dog braces?"
The survey was conducted for the Chicago Dental Society's 146th annual Midwinter Meeting, which will bring more than 30,000 dental professionals to Chicago this February 24-26. The Midwinter Meeting is a forum for dentists to learn about new products, technologies, and methods.
SOURCE Chicago Dental Society