DEO Responds to Fires Reported in Fairport Harbor Monday Morning
CLEVELAND, Jan. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Following a series of fires this morning in the Village of Fairport Harbor, located in Lake County, Dominion East Ohio crews arrived and are remaining there with emergency responders to assist with the ongoing investigation. Natural gas service will remain active in Fairport Harbor. To ensure the safety of residents:
- Leak detection is being conducted throughout the city by Dominion East Ohio crews;
- Crews are going into each affected home where they will turn off the gas, conduct an inspection and check all appliances;
- There are approximately 1,500 homes being inspected from north of East Street and High Street in Fairport Harbor;
- Affected homeowners will receive outbound phone calls advising them of Dominion's need to gain access to the home;
- If the gas company cannot gain access to a residence, the gas will be disconnected at the curb and the homeowner will be advised to contact the gas company when they return home at 1-800-362-7557.
SOURCE Dominion East Ohio
More by this Source
Dominion East Ohio EnergyShare Program Now Accepting Applications
Dec 02, 2013, 12:04 ET
Annual Inspection Ensures Maximum Furnace Safety, Efficiency
Oct 04, 2013, 13:47 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.