HARRISBURG, Pa., Nov. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) has launched its updated website and social media accounts as part of Secretary John Quigley's continued efforts to make the agency more accessible for citizens, businesses, and the regulated community.
The updated website, www.dep.pa.gov, is user-friendly, easy to navigate, mobile-adaptive and serves as a gateway for the public and the regulated community to get information they need from DEP.
"DEP's new website will highlight, in a much more transparent and accessible manner, the important work we do every day to protect Pennsylvanians' air, water, land, and public health," said Secretary Quigley. "I encourage everyone to visit the website to learn more about how we are fulfilling that mission."
The website is organized into four distinct tabs:
- The "Citizens" tab is a new section devoted to consumer information relevant to Pennsylvanians' lives.
- The "Businesses" tab holds traditional agency content migrated from our previous website.
- The "Public Participation" tab has information about public meetings; public comments, including the new eComment system; and DEP's more than 30 advisory committees.
- The "Data & Tools" tab gives users access to dozens of reports and data sheets, including oil and gas compliance reports.
In addition to the updated website, DEP has launched its official presence on social media with Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts.
Users can interact with DEP in the following ways:
- Follow DEP on Twitter at @PennsylvaniaDEP, Secretary John Quigley at @SecQuigley, and the Harrisburg falcons at @FalconChatter
- Like DEP on Facebook
- Connect with the department on LinkedIn
- Subscribe to DEP's YouTube Channel
For more information, visit DEP's website at its new address: www.dep.pa.gov.
MEDIA CONTACT: Neil Shader, 717-787-1323
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection