Depot and Arsenal Executive Leadership Program Announces 2011 Graduates
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., June 23, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Depot and Arsenal Executive Leadership Program (DAELP) recognized its eighth class of graduates on May 19, 2011 at The Kenan Institute, on the University of North Carolina Campus in Chapel Hill, N.C. Major General Larry Wyche, Deputy Chief of Staff, G-3/5 of the U.S. Army Materiel Command, delivered the keynote address. The event was attended by senior military officials, N.C. Government officials, corporate leaders and faculty who support and sponsor the program. DAELP is an executive development program for commanders and senior civilian leaders primarily serving within the United States Army's depot and arsenal facilities, and also private sector executives. This Joint program also serves leaders from the other military branches including the U.S. Coast Guard. Established in 2003 by the U.S. Army Materiel Command (AMC), DAELP is organized and administered by the Institute for Defense and Business (IDB) and delivered in conjunction with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Kenan-Flagler Business School.
In MG Wyche's remarks at the DAELP graduation dinner, he expressed the importance of bringing business acumen to the leaders of the Nation's depots and arsenals and their partners in industry, saying, "As you become more senior you have to understand the business of the Army, because it is critical to maintain the relationships with business and academia."
The graduates of DAELP have completed a six month comprehensive educational experience which is comprised of the following elements:
- Three weeks of in-residence academic instruction at the University of North Carolina's Center for School Leadership Development;
- A one-week series of benchmarking site visits and a value stream mapping exercise at joint military service depot and arsenal facilities as well as leading corporations;
- An online Lean Six Sigma Champion certification offered in partnership with North Carolina State University; and
- An extensive residency with leading private and public sector organizations.
The private and public sector residencies serve as the integrative capstone for the program, allowing substantive information exchanges focused on best practice replication with executives across functional areas. Upon completion of their corporate residency, the participants returned for the final session at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, which included briefing Major General Larry Wyche, IDB Executive Fellow, Mr. Michael Aimone, SES, USAF (Ret.), Mr. Mike Bogdahn, Deputy Commander of USMC Maintenance Center Barstow and Mr. Jim Brunke, former Vice President of Supply Chain Services, Boeing, as well as program facility advisors on the participants' corporate residency learning experience.
Below is a list of the 2011 DAELP graduating class:
- Mr. James P. Antonelli, Deputy Director, Production Management, Tobyhanna Army Depot
- COL Timothy D. Beckner, Commander, McAlester Army Ammunition Plant
- Mr. George P. Brady, Deputy Director, Production Engineering, Tobyhanna Army Depot
- COL Linwood B. Clark, Commander, Crane Army Ammunition Activity
- CDR Sean M. Cross, Executive Officer (XO), Air Station Elizabeth City
- LTC Christopher E. Dexter, G4, CUOPS Chief, USARPAC
- Ms. Debra Dominguez, Finance Department Head, Maintenance Center Barstow, Marine Corps Logistics Command
- Mr. Don Fanning, Director, Ammunition Equipment and Manufacturing, Tooele Army Depot
- COL James O. Fly Jr., Commander, Rock Island Arsenal
- CDR Jon G. Gage, Medium Endurance Cutter Product Line Manager, Surface Forces Logistics Center
- Mr. Michael William Gossard, Deputy Director of Maintenance, Letterkenny Army Depot
- Ms. Patricia A. Haarmeyer, Deputy Director for Maintenance Logistics-Supervisory Logistics Manager, Red River Army Depot
- CSM Clinton G. Hall, Command Sergeant Major, TACOM LCMC
- Mr. Roy A. Hollins, Director, Aircraft Production, Corpus Christi Army Depot
- Mr. Karl G. Johnson, Manager, Engineering Department, Maintenance Center Albany, Marine Corps Logistics Command
- Mr. Gregory J. Lupton, General Manager, Mobile Maintenance/Armor Production, Rock Island Arsenal
- Col Stephen Medeiros, Operations Officer/G3, Marine Corps Warfighting Lab
- Ms. Betty L. Mellott, DIR of Supply & Transportation, Letterkenny Army Depot
- COL Mark F. Migaleddi, Commander, Watervliet Arsenal
- COL Brian Rogers, Commander, Blue Grass Army Depot
- COL Tom Rogers, UNC, National Security Fellow, U.S. Army War College
- Mr. John B. Ross, Supervisory Production Planning Officer, McAlester Army Ammunition Plant
- Ms. Patti Sparks, Process Optimization Manager, Directorate of Production, Anniston Army Depot
- COL Tim Sullivan, Commander, Anniston Army Depot
About the IDB
The Institute for Defense and Business (IDB) is a non-profit research and education institute formed in 1997 by UNC-Chapel Hill and the state of North Carolina. The IDB offers a series of educational programs for the military, government, non-governmental agencies, and private industry, in the areas of logistics, operations, life cycle management, organizational change, and stabilization and economic reconstruction.
More information is available at www.idb.org or contact DAELP Program Director, LtCol. Ted Sturgeon, USMC (Ret.) at 919-969-8008 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Ms. Theresa Esposto Raines, Director Industry Relations, at 919-969-8008 or Raines@idb.org.
SOURCE Institute for Defense and Business
More by this Source
The IU-UNC LogMBA Program Announces 2013 Graduates
Dec 20, 2013, 09:43 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.