Depot and Arsenal Executive Leadership Program Announces 2012 Graduates
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., May 21, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Depot and Arsenal Executive Leadership Program (DAELP) recognized its ninth class of graduates on the evening of May 17, 2012 at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Kenan Center. DAELP is an executive development program for commanders and senior civilian leaders primarily serving within the United States Army's depot and arsenal facilities, and also private sector executives. This Joint program also serves leaders from the other military branches including the U.S. Marines and the U.S. Coast Guard. Established in 2003 by the U.S. Army Materiel Command (AMC), DAELP is organized and administered by the Institute for Defense and Business (IDB) and delivered in conjunction with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Kenan-Flagler Business School. Major General Gerald E. Lang, Assistant Deputy Commanding General for the Army National Guard at AMC, delivered the keynote address. The event was attended by senior military officials, corporate leaders and faculty who support and sponsor the program.
"This cohort has been tremendous! We work closely with our academic, industry, and government partners to continuously implement new strategies and technologies to enhance the education experience and adapt the curriculum to meet evolving educational needs of the industrial base," said DAELP Program Director, Lt.Col. Ted Sturgeon, USMC (Ret.). "This has been our most productive year in terms of the number and diversity of corporate sponsors and support of participant residencies. Our residency sponsors include a variety of world-class corporations and government industrial facilities. It is our privilege to have the support of our faculty and program sponsors, to meet the educational goals of the fabulous participants in this program."
DAELP provides participants with graduate level management concepts as well as specific tactics and strategies for effective leadership of large industrial complexes. The graduates of DAELP have completed a six month comprehensive educational experience which is comprised of the following elements:
- Three weeks of in-residence academic instruction at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Kenan-Flagler Business School;
- A one-week series of benchmarking site visits and a value stream analysis practical exercise at joint military service industrial facilities as well as leading corporations;
- An online Lean Six Sigma for Executive Champions certification offered in partnership with North Carolina State University; and
- An extensive corporate residency with leading private and public sector organizations.
The private and public sector corporate residencies serve as the integrative capstone for the program, allowing substantive information exchanges focused on best practice replication with executives across functional areas to meet individual participant learning objectives. Upon completion of their corporate residency, the participants returned for the final session at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Kenan-Flagler Business School, which included briefing Lt Gen Donald J. Wetekam, USAF (Ret.), IDB Executive Fellow; Major General Lang, AMC; RADM Erroll M. Brown, USCG (Ret.), IDB Executive Fellow; Mr. Mike Madden, USMC LOGCOM; Mr. Mike Bogdahn, Marine Depot Maintenance Command, Barstow; Dr. Clay Whybark, IDB Academic Advisor; and Mr. Jim Brunke, former Vice President of Supply Chain Services, Boeing, as well as program facility advisor on the participants' corporate residency learning experience.
Below is a list of the 2012 DAELP graduating class:
- Jeff Armfield, Director, Military and European Aftermarket Business Development, AxleTech International, Inc.
- Chad D. Bernier, Commodity Manager, Rock Island Arsenal
- Anthony L. Burdell, Deputy to the Commander, Anniston Munitions Center
- Edward J. Farrell, Product Support Division Chief, Tobyhanna Army Depot
- Adriana Gamez, Manpower Division Chief, Corpus Christi Army Depot
- Donald L. Gordon, Manufacturing Division Chief, Rock Island Arsenal
- Lisa G. Green, Risk Management Department Manager, Marine Depot Maintenance Command, Barstow
- Terry L. Kelley, Director of Product Assurance, Letterkenny Army Depot
- Sharon Kosto, Project Engineering Senior Manager, Product Support, Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control
- COL Doyle Lassitter, Commander, Red River Army Depot
- SGM Jeffrey T. Marcon, Depot Sergeant Major, Anniston Army Depot
- Robert J. Marmo, Deputy Director, System Integration and Support, Tobyhanna Army Depot
- COL Chris Mohan, Commander, Tooele Army Depot
- SKCM Lanny R. Nies, Contracting/Property Officer, Coast Guard Aviation, Training Center Mobile
- William J. O'Brien Jr., Deputy Director of Installation Management, Watervliet Arsenal
- Lamar Petties, Risk Management Department Head, Marine Depot Maintenance Command
- William David Putman, Director, TRMD, Letterkenny Army Depot
- CDR Carl Riedlin, Commanding Officer, Air Station New Orleans
- Keith A. Siniscalchi, Director, Ammunition Operations, Tooele Army Depot
- Judith A. Stephens, Director, Power Train Production, Corpus Christi Army Depot
- Travis L. Themas, Chief Process Validation and Technology Branch, Rock Island Arsenal
- William C. Tollett, Chief, Industrial Operations Division, McAlester Army Ammunition Plant
- SGM Gregory E. Tubbs, Depot Sergeant Major, Red River Army Depot
About the IDB:
The Institute for Defense and Business (IDB) is a non-profit research and education institute formed in 1997 by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and the state of North Carolina. The IDB offers a series of educational programs for the military, government, non-governmental agencies, and private sector, in the areas of logistics, life cycle management, organizational change, and stabilization and economic reconstruction.
For more information, contact DAELP Program Director, Lt.Col. Ted Sturgeon, USMC (Ret.) at (919) 969-8008 or Sturgeon@IDB.org.
SOURCE Institute for Defense and Business
More by this Source
The Institute for Defense and Business Inducts Executive Fellows for 2013-2014
Oct 11, 2013, 09:57 ET
UNC-IDB Strategic Studies Fellows Program Announces Graduates
Jul 30, 2013, 10:19 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.