BEND, Ore., Oct. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Deschutes Brewery's Street Pub finished out its second annual national tour this year by raising nearly $440,000 for charity. At each stop, the brewery partnered with local charities and donated 100 percent of proceeds to help those charities achieve their missions. With an estimated 140,000 beer fans who turned out to drink over 1,100 kegs of damn tasty beer, the Street Pub is collectively one of the largest beer festivals in the country.
"This was another epic year for Street Pub and we got to visit with fans in cities we love from one coast to another," said Joey Pleich, field marketing manager for the brewery who runs the Street Pub program. "We raised $70,000 more for charity over last year's numbers and saw twice as many in attendance. Success for this program means success for all the communities we visit and we are thankful to our many fans to coming out to support Street Pub."
Here's a look at how Deschutes Brewery's Street Pub assisted the nonprofits it partnered with in each city:
- Arlington, VA: $25,000 donation in conjunction with Ballston BID/BallstonGives Taste of Arlington festival to benefit the Arlington Food Assistance Center
- Philadelphia, PA: $34,144 donation to the Vetri Community Partnership to cover costs for preparing healthy meals in public schools all over the Philly area and South Street Headhouse District to help provide a safer, cleaner, well managed business district
- Columbus, OH: $43,000 to the Mid-Ohio Foodbank helping them achieve their goal of a hunger-free and healthier community. The Funds raised will provide Over 172,000 meals for needy families in greater Mid-Ohio.
- Chicago, IL: $70,295 to Alliance for the Great Lakes to protect and restore the Great Lakes and Logan Square Preservation to protect and beautify its local neighborhood
- Roanoke, VA: $81,000 to a wide selection of local charities including Roanoke Outside Foundation, Blue Ridge Land Conservancy and Feeding America Southwest Virginia
- Minneapolis, MN: $104,723 to Second Harvest Heartland to provide more than 300,000 meals for needy families in Minnesota
- Sacramento, CA: $80,000 to Runnin' for Rhett to help fulfill its mission to nurture healthy communities by hosting both adult and youth fitness programs. Proceeds brought in will fund over 3,000 programs
Check out our wrap up video about this year's Street Pub here: https://youtu.be/zHP8ZMz0A2M
2017 tour dates and locations will be announced soon.
About Deschutes Brewery
Named as OUTSIDE's Best Places to Work (2013-2015) and winner of the 2015 Oregon Sustainability Award, Deschutes Brewery was founded in 1988 as a brew pub in Bend, Oregon. Still family and employee owned 28 years later, the brewery is known for brewing a diverse line-up of award winning beers including the popular Fresh Squeezed IPA, Black Butte Porter, and Mirror Pond Pale Ale. From the beginning, the focus has been on crafting the best beer and food using thoughtfully curated ingredients. With a second brew pub in Portland's Pearl District that has become a popular destination for craft beer lovers from around the world, Deschutes Brewery now ships beer to 28 states, the District of Columbia, and internationally from its main brewing facility located on the banks of the Deschutes River. To find out more, visit www.DeschutesBrewery.com.
Media Contact: Marie Melsheimer, 541-815-3951, firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/deschutes-brewerys-street-pub-tour-raises-440000-for-charity-in-2016-300352408.html
SOURCE Deschutes Brewery