"Whether we are creating bottles for perfume, designing a building or an interior, or suggesting a lifestyle through fashion, all designers are packaging, or marketing, an experience," said Marc Rosen, Pratt Institute Trustee Emeritus and Professor of Packaging Design. "Pratt is a mecca of design education where every kind of design is taught. How appropriate for them to bring together the 'Best of the Best' to participate in this first symposium."
The panel of speakers consists of:
- David Rockwell, award winning architect and designer, Fast Company's World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, Cooper-Hewitt Design Award winner, AIANY President's Award winner, and among projects Rockwell has worked on are W Hotels, Nobu, Hudson Yards, The New Edition and many more;
- Juan Montoya, internationally acclaimed interior designer, award winner, member of the Interior Design Hall of Fame, furniture designer for Biasi Catani and carpet designer for Stark Carpet;
- James Gager, SVP and Creative Director for MAC, one of the world's leading cosmetic brands; Global Creative Director for Jo Malone and La Mer. Since Gager joined MAC, the company has become the fastest-growing Estée Lauder brand, and winner of numerous awards including a FiFi;
- Michele Oka Doner, internationally renowned artist whose endeavors encompass sculpture, furniture, jewelry, public art, etc. Her artwork can be found at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Musée des Arts Décoratifs at the Louvre and the Whitney Museum of American Art, among others.
- Moderator, Marc Rosen, award winning luxury and cosmetics packaging designer and Pratt Professor, author, philanthropist, curator and mentor, Rosen has won seven FiFi awards and worked with beauty and fashion names like Elizabeth Arden, Oscar de la Renta, Fendi, Chloe, Karl Lagerfeld and many more.
The symposium is sponsored by The Marc Rosen Educational Fund at Pratt Institute in conjunction with Juliana Curran Terain, the Terain Foundation.
Design is the New Currency
November 2nd, 5:30-7:00pm
Open to the public
Hess Family Theater and Gallery at The Whitney Museum of American Art, 99 Gansevoort St, New York, NY 10014
RSVP is required: www.pratt.edu/public-programs
Founded in 1887, Pratt Institute is a global leader in higher education dedicated to preparing its 4,700 undergraduate and graduate students for successful careers in art, design, architecture, information, and liberal arts and sciences. Located in a cultural hub with historic campuses in Brooklyn and Manhattan, Pratt is a living lab of craft and creativity with an esteemed faculty of accomplished professionals and scholars who challenge their talented students to transform their passion into meaningful expression.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/design-is-the-new-currency-300336212.html
SOURCE Pratt Institute