STAMFORD, Conn., April 18, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Design Within Reach, the largest retailer of authentic modern furniture and accessories in the world, today announces the opening of its new retail space in Atlanta, a ground-up collaboration between DWR and New York-based architectural firm DFA in the Westside Provisions District. The 13,000-square-foot location in West Midtown replaces the company's previous location in Buckhead and reflects its brand philosophy in an environment that celebrates great design.
"DWR is proud to join Atlanta's flourishing West Midtown neighborhood and the Westside Provisions District," says DWR President John McPhee. "It is truly a unique destination for retail, dining and design, and we look forward to engaging this new community."
Founded in 1998, Design Within Reach made modern design accessible to the U.S. market through its groundbreaking catalog and e-commerce site and has evolved into a destination for its exclusive collection of modern furniture and accessories.
The new DWR Atlanta Studio provides design enthusiasts with 13,000 square feet of engaging design innovation, complimentary design services and exceptional client experience from best-in-the-industry design account executives.
Features of the new Studio:
- Twenty-six room vignettes integrating iconic classics by designers such as Charles and Ray Eames and George Nelson with pieces designed by emerging designers like Egg Collective, Norm Architects and Jonas Wagell.
- Swatch Wall: A 30-foot-long material and color spectrum comprising hundreds of wall-mounted upholstery tiles offers a glimpse of the more than 3,000 custom options available from Maharam, Knoll®, Edelman® Leather and Spinneybeck®, among others.
- Private Showroom: Designers and clients may meet with their DWR Account Executive for personalized design consultation. DWR also offers in home visits.
- Light Cloud: An installation of nearly 100 pendant lights glows above the Studio entrance.
- Soft Square Lounge: An expansive lounge of custom-upholstered poufs in myriad colors.
- Home Office: A dedicated area of home workspace solutions located on the Mezzanine level.
- Outdoor Terrace: An extensive assortment of outdoor collections for lounging and dining, with an exterior display terrace and green roof that offers views of the Downtown skyline.
"Atlanta is a booming city with a vibrant design community," says John Edelman, DWR CEO. "Our new space provides the opportunity to serve this growing clientele with three times as much modern design as before."
The DWR Atlanta Studio is at 1210 Howell Mill Road, Atlanta, GA 30318. The Studio can be reached at 404.841.2471. Open from 10am–6pm, Monday–Saturday; 12–5pm, Sunday.
About Design Within Reach, Inc.
Design Within Reach, Inc., founded in 1998 and headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, is the world leader in authentic modern design. The company sells its furniture and accessories to residential and commercial customers through retail Studios in North America, via the Web at dwr.com, by phone at 1.800.944.2233 and through the DWR Contract division at dwrcontract.com. Design Within Reach, Inc., is a subsidiary of Herman Miller, Inc. For additional images and information, contact Kim Phillips at email@example.com.
About Herman Miller, Inc.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, the global company has relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn and heal. Herman Miller's designs are part of museum collections worldwide, and the company is a past recipient of the Smithsonian Institution's Cooper Hewitt National Design Award. Known and respected for its leadership in corporate social responsibility, Herman Miller has earned the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's top rating in its Corporate Equality Index ten years in a row, was named a 2016 Top 100 Healthiest Employer and has earned numerous global sustainability awards. In fiscal 2016, the company generated $2.26 billion in revenue and employed nearly 8,000 people worldwide. NASDAQ: MLHR.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/design-within-reach-triples-its-footprint-in-atlantas-westside-provisions-district-300440739.html
SOURCE Design Within Reach, Inc.