DALLAS, Aug. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- If you can customize what you wear or drive a car that matches your personality, why not do the same with your smartphone? AT&T* today announced plans to welcome the customizable Moto X from Motorola, as well as the standard Moto X, to its 4G LTE smartphone portfolio. The customizable version of Moto X is the first smartphone designed by you, assembled in the USA and available only at AT&T.
Designing your own Moto X is simple. Using an online "studio", you can select:
- Color options for the front and back
- Accent colors for the power key, volume key and camera ring
- Adding your name or short message on the phone
- Unique wallpapers
- Wake-up message
- Memory capacity – 16GB or 32GB
Once you've designed and purchased your custom device, it will be assembled in the USA and shipped to you for free in four days or less** with no hassle returns. In the future, AT&T customers will be the first to have the opportunity to select unique materials, such as real wood, for the back of their Moto X.
Register today at www.att.com/MotoX for a chance to be one of the first few lucky customers to purchase and design your Moto X before launch***. At launch, customers can begin their Moto X customization at AT&T stores and www.att.com/MotoX. AT&T will offer the 16 GB Moto X for $199.99 and the 32 GB Moto X for $249.99 with a two-year agreement.
If customization isn't your thing, you can also pick up the 16 GB version of Moto X in black or white. To see more Moto X features in action, check out this video.
"Moto X promises to be unlike any device we've offered before," said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president—Devices, AT&T. "Not only is Moto X designed by you, you'll also be able to enjoy your customized smartphone on the nation's fastest and most reliable 4G LTE network. We are thrilled to be the first U.S. carrier to offer this flagship device from the new Motorola."
The Moto X runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, and features a 4.7-inch HD display. Other device highlights include:
- Touchless Control lets you check the weather, get directions, make a call or search for just about anything—just by saying "OK Google Now." Because you tune Moto X to your voice, it's always ready to respond to you.
- The Quick Capture function makes the 10 megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and 2 megapixel front-facing camera even easier to use. Just pick up your Moto X, twist your wrist twice and you're ready to shoot. Touch anywhere on the screen, and you'll get an amazing shot. Its high-quality sensor can capture scenes in low light or stop motion blur in bright light.
- With Active Display, information efficiently appears on the screen. It doesn't interrupt and it's battery friendly. You don't have to wake up Moto X to look at the time or see your messages, satisfying that constant itch to check your phone.
AT&T now has the most reliable 4G LTE network. According to independent third-party data, AT&T has the highest success rate for delivering mobile content across nationwide 4G LTE networks.**** And AT&T was named America's fastest 4G LTE network in PC Magazine's 2013 Fastest Mobile Networks 30-market study – and also swept the top rankings in all six U.S. regions from coast to coast: Northeast, Southeast, North-Central, South-Central, Northwest and Southwest. *****
* AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
** Subject to parts availability.
*** AT&T will randomly select a limited number of entrants with Gmail accounts who will be given the opportunity to purchase and customize before the scheduled launch date. Corporate responsibility user accounts are ineligible for the random selection process. By registering your email you consent to AT&T sharing your email address with Motorola to ensure eligibility and designate winners. AT&T reserves the right to modify or cancel the random selection process if technical limitations or other factors prevent it from running as planned.
**** Speed claim based on comparison of national carriers' average 4G LTE download speeds for Android™ and Windows smartphones and iPhone 5. Reliability claim compares data transfer completion rates on nationwide 4G LTE networks. Limited 4G LTE availability in select markets. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. 4G speeds not available everywhere.
***** PC Magazine, June 17, 2013; http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420333,00.asp
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's largest 4G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high-speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T │DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.