DesignCon 2014: Where The Chip Meets The Board The Premier Annual Event for the Chip, Board & Systems Design Community Opens Registration for the 2014 Conference & Expo
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Recognized throughout the high-speed communications and semiconductor communities as the premier educational conference and technology exhibition for electronic design engineers working on the cutting edge of high-speed serial design and signal and power integrity, DesignCon 2014, which will take place in Santa Clara, California, January 28-31, is now open for registration. Hosted by UBM Tech, the daily source of essential business and technical information for the electronics industry's decision makers, the 14-track technical DesignCon conference program will include more than 120 in-depth tutorials, technical paper sessions and panel discussions. Additionally, the two-day DesignCon 2014 Expo will feature more than 140 exhibitors offering chip, board and systems design engineers and engineering managers a unique opportunity to learn about and evaluate the latest technologies and solutions, engage with new and current vendors and network with influential industry contacts.
"DesignCon was created by engineers for engineers and remains the premier educational conference and technology exhibition for semiconductor and electronic design engineers," said Patrick Mannion, content director at UBM Tech. "The combination of technical paper sessions, tutorials, industry panels, product demos and exhibits at DesignCon creates a unique atmosphere for learning about state-of-the-art electronic design methodologies and technologies."
DesignCon 2014 tutorials and technical paper sessions will focus on the pervasive nature of signal integrity at all levels of electronic design. Consequently, all presentations will be categorized under the following 14 conference tracks:
- Optimize Chip-Level Designs for Signal & Power Integrity
- Overcome Analog & Mixed-Signal Design & Verification Challenges
- Wireless & Photonic Design & Integration
- Optimize System Co-Design: Chip/Package/Board
- Characterize PCB Materials & Processing Characterization
- Apply PCB Design Tools & Methodologies
- Design Parallel & Memory Interfaces
- Optimize High-Speed Serial Design
- Detect & Mitigate Jitter, Crosstalk & Noise
- Leverage High-Speed Signal Processing for Equalization & Coding
- Ensure Power Integrity in Power Distribution Networks
- Achieve Electromagnetic Compatibility & Mitigate Interference
- Apply Test & Measurement Methodology
- Ensure Signal Integrity with RF/Microwave/EM Analysis Techniques
DesignCon attendees, speakers, exhibitors and press are encouraged to stay connected for the most up-to-date news and announcements via:
- "Like" the DesignCon page for conference updates
- Connect with the DesignCon community by contributing key facts and case studies or starting discussions
- Twitter (@ubmdesigncon)
- Follow DesignCon for the latest news and special offers
- When tweeting about the conference, use the #designcon hashtag to interact with other members of the DesignCon community
- DesignCon Community
- Join your fellow engineers in an informative crowdsourcing effort and share your knowledge about the latest in design, verification, characterization and test with the DesignCon Community, DesignCon's online forum for year-round technical discussions.
DesignCon sponsors to date include corporate sponsor Rambus; diamond sponsors Teledyne LeCroy and Anritsu Company; and platinum sponsor Rohde & Schwarz.
Participants can register now by visiting https://designcon.tech.ubm.com/2014 or by calling 888-234-9476 Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. PST. For alumni and student rates or press and media registration information, please contact Kate Hadden at firstname.lastname@example.org. To reserve exhibition space at DesignCon 2014, please contact JoAnn Pellegrini at email@example.com or by calling 415-947-6233.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that brings together the world's technology industry through live events and online properties. Its community-focused media and events provide expertly curated content along with user-generated content and peer-to-peer engagement opportunities through its proprietary, award-winning DeusM community platform. UBM Tech's brands include EE Times, Interop, Black Hat, InformationWeek, Game Developers Conference, CRN, and DesignCon. The company's products include research, education, training, and data services that accelerate decision making for technology buyers. UBM Tech also offers a full range of marketing services based on its content and technology market expertise, including custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion
For more information on DesignCon or UBM Tech please contact:
Christine Stieglitz, BtB Marketing Communications
919-872-8172 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Uslaner, UBM Tech
516-562-5843 | email@example.com
SOURCE UBM Tech