Destination Fashion 2012 Presented By Micky And Madeleine Arison To Offer Exclusive Items at the "Too Good To Keep Silent" Auction
Dazzling Collection of Jewelry, Vacation Packages, Designer Bags, and more will be auctioned offto benefit The Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis
MIAMI, Oct. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis, the fundraising arm of The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, will present an ultra-luxe auction as one of the unique components of Destination Fashion 2012, presented by Micky and Madeleine Arison. Many of the stores in the Bal Harbour Shops have generously donated the spectacular items for this one of a kind auction. Bidding will kick off on Thursday, October 25th at 5:30 p.m. and will continue through the main affair on November 10th, with each item on display to the public in each of the Bal Harbour Shops' participating stores during the two weeks leading up to the event. Final bids will be taken at the close of the evening's auction on November 10th at 10 p.m.
Exclusive items presented at the auction will include, but will not be limited to:
- A beautiful women's Harry Winston Diamond Timepiece (Valued at $34,800);
- Tiffany & Co. Legacy Collection Buckle Earrings in platinum with diamonds (Valued at $11,400);
- Exploration of the world of Breguet, to experience the history of Breguet timepieces with a three night trip for two to Paris, complete with first class flight and luxury accommodations (Valued at $35,000);
- An iconic, Alexander McQueen red, white and blue Britannia Box Clutch with Swarovski crystal skull clasp (Valued at $1,545);
- Brioni Navy Blue 2-button Notch Lapel Parlamento Blazer, the quintessential seasonless blue blazer for the Brioni gentleman (Valued at $4,500);
- Carolina Herrera Bridal Collection Belvedere Bridal Gown (Valued at $7,500);
- IWC Aquatimer Watch (Valued at $6,600);
- One year of women's shoes by Ferragamo – enjoy a pair each month! (Valued at $6,000);
- Two tickets to the Stella McCartney Resort of Pre-Fall fashion show in New York and a chance to meet Stella. The winner will receive a new suiting look from the 2013 collection (Valued at $4,500);
- Bulgari Serpenti watch, Quartz Movement, 35 mm stainless steel case with diamond bezel (Valued at $10,300);
- A luxurious Hawaiian Getaway presented by Trina Turk, including a 5-night stay at the St. Regis Princeville Resort, $1,500 pre-trip shopping spree at Trina Turk Bal Harbour Shops and more (Valued at $8,804);
- His/Hers timepieces from the Fall-Winter 2012 Big Idea New Titanium/Ceramica Collection by Emporio Armani (Valued at $1,190);
- ….and much more!
"Destination Fashion is one of the most anticipated events in the South Florida area," said Marc Buoniconti, President of The Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis. "We are thrilled with the overwhelming support from Bal Harbour Shops, which has allowed us to return and produce this one-of-a-kind affair in the name of finding a cure for paralysis."
Other festivities at Destination Fashion will include a performance by iconic musical star Enrique Iglesias and Saks Fifth Avenue Bal Harbour will present Emilio Pucci's Spring 2013 Fashion Show, Designed by Peter Dundas. This musical legend and designer will join Master of Ceremonies Tom Brokaw, one of the most trusted and respected figures in broadcast journalism and a special correspondent for NBC News. Honorary Co-Chairs, Academy Award winner Tommy Lee Jones and his wife Dawn Jones, along with International Polo sensation Ignacio "Nacho" Figueras and his wife Delfina Blaquier, will join a who's who of celebrities, philanthropic icons, business leaders, fashionistas and other South Florida notables for this star-studded celebration.
Proceeds from Destination Fashion 2012 will directly benefit The Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis, the fundraising arm of The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis. The Miami Project is the world's most comprehensive spinal cord injury research center located in the Lois Pope LIFE Center and is a designated Center of Excellence at the University of Miami's Miller School of Medicine.
For more information about Destination Fashion, please call Stephanie Sayfie Aagaard, Director of Major Gifts, Corporate Relations, Marketing & Events at 305-243-4656 or email email@example.com For more information about The Buoniconti Fund, please visit: www.thebuonicontifund.com, Facebook, or Twitter.
About The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis and The Buoniconti Fund: In 1985, Barth A. Green, M.D. and NFL Hall of Fame linebacker Nick Buoniconti helped found The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis after Nick's son, Marc, sustained a spinal cord injury during a college football game. Today, The Miami Project is the world's most comprehensive spinal cord injury research center, and a designated Center of Excellence at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. The Miami Project's international team is housed in the Lois Pope LIFE Center and includes more than 250 scientists, researchers and clinicians who take innovative approaches to the challenges of brain and spinal cord injury. Committed to finding a cure for paralysis resulting from spinal cord injury and to seeing millions worldwide walk again, the Buoniconti family established The Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis in 1992, a non-profit organization devoted to assisting The Miami Project achieve its national and international goals.
The Miami Project's Christine E. Lynn Clinical Trials Initiative is designed to take discoveries found to be successful in laboratory studies and fast track them to human studies, like our FDA approved Schwann cell transplantation trial. The Miami Project is well positioned and confident that we have the expertise, knowledge and drive to continue to navigate through the process and initiate new clinical trials. Since its inception, The Miami Project has worked carefully and diligently towards these goals and the results show that the time is right to continue to make these important steps into humans. For more information, please visit: www.thebuonicontifund.com.
5W Public Relations, Jocelyn Kahn
212.999.5585 / firstname.lastname@example.org
The Buoniconti Fund, Scott Roy
305-243-8939 / email@example.com
SOURCE The Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.