The council held its first meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 29 and will continue to meet remotely on a quarterly basis. As an opportunity for council members to fully experience and observe what Destination Imagination is all about, the first in-person meeting will take place in May 2017 during DI Global Finals – the world's largest celebration of student creativity and the culminating event of every Destination Imagination season.
"The digital economy is developing rapidly worldwide and has become a driving force in innovation, job creation and entrepreneurship," said Steven Kantor, Executive Vice President of KEH Insurance Agency, Chair of Destination Imagination International Advisory Council and Destination Imagination Board of Trustee Member. "As a parent, I want to ensure that my daughter has every opportunity to be successful in this evolving economy. Destination Imagination is a leader in providing transformative educational experiences that connect students to these very opportunities and it's an honor to work with such a remarkable group of people to help further DI's mission."
Destination Imagination International Advisory Council inaugural members are as follows:
- Kenneth Blank, Ph.D, Senior Vice President for Health Sciences, Rowan University
- Colleen Dey, Vice President, Berkley Life Sciences
- Angela J. Grayson, Principal Member and Founder, Precipice IP PLLC
- Steven Kantor, Executive Vice President of KEH Insurance Agency, Chair of Destination Imagination International Advisory Council and Destination Imagination Board of Trustee Member
- J. Todd Phillips, Founder & CEO, Parson Partners
- Teri Cotton Santos, Senior Vice President Chief Compliance and Risk Officer, The Warranty Group
- Nina M. Schwenk, M.D., F.A.C.P., Consultant, Mayo Clinic Rochester, and Destination Imagination Board of Trustee Member
- Gregory Simon, CPA, CBP, CEO and Co-Founder, Loyyal
- David E. Welsh, MBA, MS, Executive Director, Lehigh University
About Destination Imagination
Destination Imagination, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) volunteer-led non-profit organization whose purpose is to inspire and equip students to become the next generation of innovators and leaders. The organization seeks to connect students to opportunities emerging in the global digital economy. The most popular education offering is the Challenge Program, where student teams solve open-ended science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM) and service learning Challenges and present their solutions to trained Appraisers. Founded in 1982, Destination Imagination has impacted more than 1.5 million students. To learn more, please visit http://destinationimagination.org.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/destination-imagination-announces-formation-of-international-advisory-council-300373368.html
SOURCE Destination Imagination