Dev Johnson from Employees Only Bar Wins Don Q Ultimate Mix Off
STAMFORD, Conn., May 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Don Q, Puerto Rico's premium rum, is proud to announce the winners of the 2012 Ultimate Mix Off Finals, a mixology competition supported by the United States Bartenders Guild (USBG).
- Dev Johnson from Employees Only in New York took first place with his winning cocktail: "The Jones Act"
- Julio Cabrera from Miami took second place with: "Sandia del Batey"
- J.R. Starkus from Las Vegas took third with: "Lonely Planet"
- Sheridan Fay from Houston took fourth with: "Coqui Monster"
- Nicole Tyler from Reno placed fifth with: "Rico Suave"
Mixologists from across the country competed in the Ultimate Mix Off Finals at the Andaz Hotel on Saturday, May 12th. The top five finalists received a trip to Puerto Rico, VIP tour of Destileria Serralles in Ponce and will be featured in Don Q's holiday mixology video
The esteemed judging panel was comprised of leading chefs, mixologists, and spirits figure-heads, including:
- Francesco Lafranconi (Executive Director of mixology at Southern Wine & Spirits - Nevada)
- David Nepove (Director of mixology at Southern Wine & Spirits - California, USBG National President)
- Hiram Avila (2010 Ultimate Mix Off winner, Puerto Rico)
- Giuseppe Gonzalez (head mixologist at Julie Reiner's Clover Club in Brooklyn)
- Ian Burrell (Founder of UK Rumfest)
- Roberto Serralles (VP at Serralles USA)
- Igor Hadzismajlovic (Founding Father of Employees Only and Macao Trading Company)
- Chris Milligan (Mixologist and journalist at Santa Fe Barman/Forbes.com)
- Chef Mario Pagan (Iron Chef and chef/owner at Puerto Rico's Laurel restaurant)
"We'd like to congratulate Dev Johnson and all the winners of the 2012 Ultimate Mix Off," said John Eason, VP National Sales Manager at Serralles USA. "It's a rare honor to watch the top national mixologists compete on one stage. Thanks to the USBG and all the participants for helping us pull off a successful event."
About Don Q:
Don Q is produced by Destileria Serralles Inc., in Ponce, Puerto Rico and distributed by Serralles USA, Stamford, CT. Destileria Serralles' portfolio includes: Don Q Cristal, Don Q Gold, Don Q Anejo, Don Q Gran Anejo, Don Q Limon, Don Q Coco, Don Q Mojito, BlackBeard Spiced Rum and Palo Viejo. Don Q Cristal is the #1 premium rum on the island, where more than 70% of the rum consumed in the US is produced. Please visit www.donq.com and follow us on www.facebook.com/DonQ and @donqrum
SOURCE Don Q
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.