Devaney Announces Redesign of Recovery.gov
WASHINGTON, Nov. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In a continuing quest to make Recovery.gov easier to use, the Recovery Board has simplified the home page and made improvements that allow visitors to retrieve information and data on Recovery Act awards and spending even more quickly.
"We listened to the users of Recovery.gov who wanted us to emphasize the mapping features that allow them to easily visualize data on our website,'' said Earl E. Devaney, the Chairman of the Recovery Board. "We have moved the U.S. map to the top of the home page and made other important changes that will enhance the experience for those who visit our website.''
Devaney said the redesign contains several new features and functions:
- The U.S. map was moved to a more prominent position—the top right-hand side of the home page. The map contains information on funding for Recovery contracts, grants and loans. By clicking on a state or territory, a user can pull up a summary page with an interactive map that displays all awards made in the state or territory. Charts display funding and jobs by quarter and the top recipients in a state.
- A new Map Gallery, featured on the home page, gives access to all interactive maps.
- A feature known as the "Overview of Funding'' has been moved to the top of the home page on the left-hand side. It provides updated information on all Recovery spending, including tax benefits, contracts, grants, loans, and entitlements.
- A new "Get Started'' feature with a simple click takes users to pages describing the Recovery Act, the Recovery Board, Recovery.gov and other background information on the website.
- A new footer was added at the bottom of every page with links to just about everything on Recovery.gov.
"The information on Recovery.gov must be relevant to users,'' Devaney explained. "We are constantly striving to improve our website so that visitors can easily find the information that is most germane to them. We think this redesign accomplishes that goal.''
SOURCE Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.