HOUSTON, July 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Devon Energy's Senior Vice President for Exploration and Production, Wade Hutchings, will share how the company is developing its assets in the afternoon keynote presentation at the DUG Midcontinent conference, September 19-21. With over 625,000 net acres in the Midcontinent shale plays, Devon Energy has engineered a new record-breaking STACK well producing over 6,000 oil-equivalent barrels per day. Devon Energy's new completions technique helped the company reach this peak 24-hour rate for the Privott 17-H well, which is expected to recover over 2 million BOE over its lifetime.
The Privott 17-H accompanies four other high-rate, core Meramec wells Devon recently brought online. Hutchings will join industry analysts and experts to lead targeted presentations at this year's conference and exhibition in Oklahoma City.
More than 20 executive-level speakers, 1,000 industry professionals and 100+ exhibitors are gathering in the Cox Convention Center to discuss the pulse of the market, commodity price and CAPEX forecasts, and efficiency-focused best practices. This year's event will kick off with a pre-conference Water Workshop where analysts and executives share best practices and new technologies in sourcing, treatment, transportation and disposal of water in drilling and completing shale wells.
"Attention has turned to the Midcontinent as producers have mastered efficient production strategies and are expanding to maximize profitability in the STACK and SCOOP," Nissa Darbonne, conference host and executive editor-at-large for Oil and Gas Investor said. "The keynote presentations at this year's DUG Midcontinent conference will give insights to recent successes and forward-looking strategies – insights many can't afford to miss in a fluctuating market."
This year's DUG Midcontinent conference is packed with keynote presentations, panels, spotlights and more, led by a series of featured speakers, including:
- George Solich, President and CEO, FourPoint Energy
- Wade Hutchings, Senior Vice President, Devon Energy Corp.
- Mitch Little, Executive Vice President, Marathon Oil Corp.
- Trevor Reuben, Vice President, Corporate Development, Newfield Exploration Co.
- Stephen Ingram, Vice President, Technology Solutions and Innovations, North America Operations, Halliburton Co.
- Burt Williams, CEO, Rimrock Resource Partners LLC
- Nathaniel Harding, Founder & President, Antioch Energy LLC
- Ben Lamb, Executive Vice President, Corporate Development, EnLink Midstream LLC
- Will Cullen, Vice President, LongPoint Minerals LLC
- Subash Chandra, Managing Director & Senior Equity Analyst, Guggenheim Securities LLC
- Robert Clarke, Research Director, Lower 48 Upstream, WoodMac
- Kate Richard, Founder & CEO, Warwick Energy Investment Group LLC
To see the complete agenda or register, please visit DUGMidcontinent.com.
About Hart Energy
For more than 40 years, Hart Energy editors and experts have delivered market-leading insights to investors and energy industry professionals. The Houston-based company produces award-winning magazines (such as Oil and Gas Investor, E&P and Midstream Business); online news and data services; in-depth industry conferences (like the DUG™ series); GIS data sets and mapping solutions; and a range of research and consulting services. For information, visit hartenergy.com.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/devon-energy-to-discuss-new-records-in-the-stack-at-hart-energys-dug-midcontinent-conference-300489092.html
SOURCE Hart Energy