NEW YORK, Jan. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The global diagnostic catheters market is projected to reach USD 4.30 billion by 2021 from USD 3.02 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of around 7.3% from 2016 to 2021. This growth is primarily attributed to the factors such as the rising geriatric population, the increasing prevalence of cardiovascular disorders, growing number of minimally invasive surgeries, growth in the number of diagnostic imaging centers, and technological advancements in imaging catheters. In addition, increasing investments in the healthcare industry by key market players and increasing government and private sector investments are encouraging the growth of the diagnostic catheters market. Factors such as dearth of skilled professionals, high cost of advanced catheters, and the reuse of single-use diagnostic catheters are hampering the uptake of the imaging catheters.
The global diagnostic catheters market is segmented on the basis of type, application areas, and end user. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into imaging catheters and non-imaging catheters. The imaging catheters are segmented into angiography catheters, ultrasound catheters, OCT catheters, electrophysiology catheters, and other imaging catheters. The non-imaging catheters are segmented into pressure & hemodynamic monitoring catheters, temperature monitoring catheters, and other non-imaging catheters. On the basis of application area, the diagnostic catheters market is segmented into cardiology, gastroenterology, urology, neurology, and others. The diagnostic catheters market by end user is segmented into hospital and imaging & diagnostic centers.
In 2015, North America accounted for the largest share to the global diagnostic catheters market, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the RoW. Growth in the North American market is driven by the rising geriatric population and the increasing prevalence of cardiovascular disorders in the region, growing demand for minimally invasive surgeries, growth in the number of diagnostic and imaging centers, and technological advancements in imaging catheters.
Some of the major players in the global diagnostic catheters market are Boston Scientific Corporation (U.S.), St. Jude Medical, Inc. (U.S.), Medtronic plc (Ireland), Johnson & Johnson (U.S.), Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Netherlands), B. Braun Melsungen AG (Germany), C.R. Bard, Inc. (U.S.), Cardinal Health, Inc. (U.S.), Edward LifeSciences Corporation (U.S.), and Terumo Corporation (Japan).
- Detailed insights on all the submarkets, based on type (angiography catheters, electrophysiology catheters, ultrasound catheters, OCT catheters, pressure and hemodynamic monitoring catheters, temperature monitoring catheters, and other diagnostic catheters), based on application area (cardiology, urology, gastroenterology, neurology, and others). This can help market players to identify key technology areas, and high-growth segments in the diagnostic catheters market.
- The report also provides information on key players in this market and their growth strategies and recent developments. This can help the company to assess the competition at global and regional levels in a better manner.
- Key insights and market sizing for the different end users of the diagnostic catheters market, namely, hospitals and diagnostic & imaging centers.
- Country-wise market size and forecast for all subsegments. The market size numbers provided in the report will enable market players to identify not only high growth technology and product areas but also geographic markets, and thereby strategize global marketing efforts in order to achieve sustainable revenue growth in the coming years.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help them garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies for increasing their market shares.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by top players in the diagnostic catheters market. The report analyzes the diagnostic catheters market by type, application areas, and end users across all regions
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming trends, research and development activities, and product launches in the diagnostic catheters market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging markets by type, application area, end user, and region
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information on new products, growing regions, recent developments, and investments in the diagnostic catheters market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, distribution networks, manufacturing capabilities, and SWOT analyses of leading players in the diagnostic catheters market
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04606006-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/diagnostic-catheter-market-by-type-application-area-end-user---global-forecast-to-2021-300390556.html