Diagnostic Imaging Covers the Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine 2014 Annual Meeting
NORWALK, Conn., June 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Medica US announces that Diagnostic Imaging, a leading online community for medical imaging professionals, presents special reporting about diagnostic imaging informatics from the Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine 2014 Annual Meeting.
Among the materials presented in the conference coverage:
- What Radiologists Should Know About Decision Support Systems: Decision support systems can dramatically impact patient treatment, say experts at SIIM 2014.
- Big Data Expected to Have Big Impact on Diagnostic Imaging: Big data will allow for the personalization of medical treatment, which has been deemed critical for diagnostic imaging.
- Dose Monitoring Poses Challenges and Raises Questions for Radiologists: Only a few states mandate that radiologists monitor radiation dose, but experts expect this to increase rapidly.
- BYOD: Radiology Apps Worth Checking Out: An overview of apps that all radiologists should be aware of.
- Mobile Technology to Infiltrate Radiology Education: Mobile technology is said to take over the health care field; it has already begun to change how residents are educated.
About UBM Medica US
Addressing today's healthcare information needs, UBM Medica US, delivers strategic, integrated communications solutions and comprehensive reach -- online, in print, via custom programs and live events. Improving the effectiveness of healthcare through information and education, UBM Medica US provides unbiased clinical, practical, and business information for physicians, providers and payers resulting in improved quality of care for patients around the world. Through journals, magazines, online communities, live and digital events, and other valuable resources, UBM Medica US also delivers comprehensive communication solutions for the pharmaceutical and related industries. Online communities include CancerNetwork.com, ConsultantLive.com, DiagnosticImaging.com, RheumatologyNetwork.com, OBGYN.net, PhysiciansPractice.com, PsychiatricTimes.com and SearchMedica.com. UBM Medica US is part of UBM Connect which, through a range of aligned interactive environments, both physical and digital – increases business effectiveness for both customers and audiences through meaningful experiences, knowledge and connections. Headquartered in New York, UBM Connect brings together UBM's healthcare business, UBM Medica US; UBM Canon's advanced design and manufacturing event, online and print brands; UBM Connect New York's catering, cruise shipping, customer management, and fine, specialty and custom chemical communities; and UBM Mexico's concrete show. For more information, visit www.UBMMedicaUS.com.
About UBM plc
UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organized into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news.
Jason J. Golden
Content Marketing Manager
SOURCE UBM Medica US