ORLANDO, Fla., May 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Every LongHorn Steakhouse across the country has a team of expert Grill Masters specially trained in the art of grilling. This summer, these certified Grill Masters will share their expertise with at-home grillers to help them become masters of their own craft.
LongHorn's Grill Us Hotline will return for the fifth year, connecting guests directly with these top Grill Masters when they dial 1-855-LH-GRILL. Experts will be standing by on the days leading up to summer's biggest grilling holidays to help guests prepare for cookouts with family and friends. The Hotline will be live from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET on the following dates:
- Sunday, May 28 – for Memorial Day advice
- Sunday, July 2 – for Fourth of July advice
- Sunday, September 3 – for Labor Day advice
Over the past five years, Grill Masters have received a variety of questions from guests, ranging from grilling basics to hard-core techniques. As summer heats up, here are some of their top tips based on some of the most popular questions since the Grill Us Hotline began.
- Grill Open vs. Grill Closed: It depends on what's going on the grill. For steaks, boneless chicken, pork, fish or vegetables, keep the grill lid open. Close it up if to make bone-in chicken or hamburgers.
- Grilling A Lot of Steaks at Once: Set up temperature zones on the grill. Designate a "hot zone," and heat it to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, create a "warm zone" on a quarter of the grill, and set the temperature between 100 and 150 degrees Fahrenheit. When a steak reaches the right temperature, move it to the "warm zone" so it stays hot but doesn't get overcooked.
- Making a Great Grill Seasoning: LongHorn restaurants have a secret blend, but a solid substitute is called "The Big Four." Mix salt, pepper, granulated onion powder and granulated garlic powder. Pat the mixture into both sides of a cut of meat – and don't be shy with the seasoning.
To help make every grill-out successful, LongHorn has even more resources available to guests.
- Engage on Social Media: Guests can chat live with LongHorn for expert advice from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET, seven days a week, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This summer, LongHorn is also debuting an all-new Grill Hero Facebook Messenger, where fans have round-the-clock access to mouthwatering recipes and grilling know-how tailored to their personal tastes. This new feature is now available on LongHorn's Facebook page.
- Text "GRILL" to 55702: Guests can get some of LongHorn's top tips and recipes delivered straight to their phone all summer – and tips will change every week.
- ExpertGriller.com: LongHorn's web site, www.ExpertGriller.com, is dedicated to chef-inspired recipes, cook-out guides and even more expert advice.
For more information and to locate the closest restaurant, guests can visit www.LongHornSteakhouse.com.
About LongHorn Steakhouse®
LongHorn Steakhouse is known for fresh, boldly seasoned and expertly grilled steaks – like the signature bone-in Outlaw Ribeye® – all served in a relaxed, warm atmosphere inspired by a rancher's home. LongHorn has more than 490 restaurants across 40 states and is committed to making a positive difference in the lives of others in the community. As part of this commitment, LongHorn Steakhouse restaurants have donated more than 17 million pounds of food to local non-profit organizations across the country. For more information and to find a location near you, visit www.LongHornSteakhouse.com. Fans can also follow us on Facebook at Facebook.com/LongHornSteakhouse or on Twitter and Instagram @LongHornSteaks.
LongHorn Steakhouse Public Relations
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dial-1-855-lh-grill-longhorn-steakhouses-grill-us-hotline-heats-up-for-fifth-year-featuring-expert-advice-from-its-team-of-professional-grill-masters-300461203.html
SOURCE LongHorn Steakhouse