Diameter Signalling Control: Market Analysis & Forecasts
DUBLIN, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Diameter Signalling Control: Market Analysis & Forecasts" report to their offering.
A global assessment of Diameter Signalling Control (DSC) products, providing insight into the market drivers, barriers, vendors strategies and prospects for the industry.
The Diameter protocol is an extension of, and replacement for, the renowned Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) protocol for Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA). Driven by the transition from 2G/3G to LTE networks, ARCchart expects DSC product sales to account for nearly $500 million in revenue by the end of 2017, representing a CAGR of nearly 90% over the next four years.
Given its enhanced reliability, scalability, security and flexibility over legacy protocols, Diameter has been chosen as the de-facto signalling protocol in all next generation fixed and mobile IP-based networks, such as IMS and the LTE Evolved Packet Core (EPC) network.
The on-going adoption of signalling intensive applications on smartphones and tablets, such as social networking, is creating a flood of network signalling. Consequently, operators are taking a proactive stance towards managing the signalling tsunami as they plan their future LTE and IMS rollouts. By 2017, ARCchart expects mobile network operators worldwide will process a total of 120 million Diameter messages per second on their networks.
Topics of coverage include:
- History of the Diameter protocol
- The drawbacks of legacy AAA protocols
- Diameter signalling architecture within IMS and EPC
- The need for diameter signalling control functionality
- Factors driving the DSC market
- Challenges to the DSC ecosystem
- DSC product categories and use cases
- DSC industry roadmap
- DSC deployment case study
- Profiles of key DSC product vendors
- Market sizing and forecast
Answers and opinions are provided with respect to the following essential questions:
- How do modern smartphone applications and battery saving mechanisms impact signalling in LTE and IMS networks?
- Which region will experience the fastest growth in DSC product adoption?
- How will DSC deployments help mobile network operators in preventing signalling storms and outages?
- How will DSC deployments assist with cross-carrier roaming?
- How will LTE and IMS rollouts impact the uptake of DSC products?
- What volume of diameter signalling traffic will VoLTE, video streaming, social network and other network services generate?
- How will VoLTE subscriptions compare with ordinary LTE subscriptions by 2017?
- How many DSC products licenses will be sold in 2017 and how much revenue will these account for?
- Which region represents the largest DSC market opportunity?
- In which region will DSC first gain traction?
Companies mentioned in this report include: Acme Packet, Alcatel-Lucent, Alepo, Amdocs, America Movil , ANCEL, AT&T Mobility, Bell Canada , Bridgewater Systems, Broadhop, Bytemobile, Centernet, China Mobile, Cisco, Comptel, Deutsche Telekom, Diametriq, DNA, EMT Estonia, Ericsson, Etisalat, Everything Everywhere, F5 Networks, Facebook, Hi3G, HP, Huawei, Hutchison 3G Austria, IBM, IntelliNet Technologies, Jinny Software, KDDI, Korea Telecom, K-Telecom, LG Uplus, LMT, MetroPCS, mobilkom Austria, Mobyland, Netcom, NTT DoCoMo, Omnitel, Open Mobile, Openet, Oracle, Orange (France Telecom), Pokkomtel, PT, redhat, Rogers Communications, Saudi Telecom Company, SK Telecom, Sky Brazil , Sonus Networks, Syniverse, TDC Mobil, Tekelec, Tele2 Sweden, Telefonica 02, Telefónica Germany, TeliaSonera, Telstra Global, Telus Mobility, Tieto, TMN, T-Mobile, T-Mobile Austria, T-Mobile Global, T-Mobile Hungary, T-Mobile USA, Traffix Systems, Transaction Network Services, Ulticom, Verizon Communications, Verizon Wireless, Viva Kuwait, Vodafone D2 (Germany), Vodafone Global, Vodafone Portugal, Yota and Zain
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gzsfvv/diameter
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends
SOURCE Research and Markets
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.