SEATTLE, March 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Diego Pellicer Worldwide (OTCQB: DPWW) a real estate and a consumer retail development company that is focused on developing Diego Pellicer as the world's first "premium" cannabis brand, today announced that the Company has been approved for uplisting to the OTCQB exchange, and began trading on that exchange on March 18, 2016.
"Moving up to OTCQB exchange provides our investors and potential investors with a greater degree of transparency and liquidity which greatly expands the pool of potential investors who can come into the stock," said Ron Throgmartin, Diego Pellicer's CEO.
To qualify for uplisting companies must be current in their reporting and undergo an annual verification and management certification process. These standards provide a strong baseline of transparency, as well as the technology and regulation to improve the information and trading experience for investors.
The key elements and benefits of uplisting to the OTCQB include:
- Companies are current in their reporting to a U.S. regulator
- Minimum bid price test of $0.01 removes companies that are most likely to be the subject of dilutive stock fraud schemes and promotion
- Improved investor confidence through verified information, confirming that the Company Profile displayed on www.otcmarkets.com is current and complete
- Annual management certification process to verify officers, directors, controlling shareholders, and shares outstanding
- Greater information availability for investors through the OTC Disclosure & News Service
- Transparent prices for investors through full-depth of book with Real Time Level 2 quotes
About Diego Pellicer Worldwide:
Diego Pellicer Worldwide Inc. is a real estate and a consumer retail development company that is focused on developing Diego Pellicer as the world's first "premium" marijuana brand by adhering to the highest quality and standards for its facilities along with both cannabis and non-cannabis products. The company's initial focus is to acquire and develop legally compliant real estate locations for the purposes of leasing them to state licensed companies in the cannabis industry. Diego does not grow or sell marijuana or marijuana infused products in the early stages of the plan. http://DiegoPellicer.com/
For Diego Pellicer Worldwide:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/diego-pellicer-worldwide-announces-uplisting-to-otcqb-exchange-300240934.html
SOURCE Diego Pellicer Worldwide, Inc.