PARIS, Feb. 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Digi International®, (NASDAQ: DGII, www.digi.com), a leading global provider of mission-critical machine-to-machine (M2M) and IoT connectivity products and services, today announced the key company activities and events taking place during Embedded World. The event takes place in the Exhibition Centre Nuremberg, Feb. 23-25, 2016. Digi will be showcasing its solutions in Hall A5, stand 449.
During the three-day event, Digi representatives will host a series of ongoing presentations and demonstrations featuring a number of Digi's M2M and IoT products. Additionally, in celebration of the opening of Embedded World, Digi will be hosting a networking reception at its exhibit on Tuesday, Feb. 23, from 5:15 - 6 p.m.
"Embedded World is the premier global event that showcases new advances in technology to more than 25,000 trade visitors," said Kevin C. Riley, chief operating officer, Digi International. "This event is the ideal place for engineers to see our latest embedded solutions and meet Digi product experts as they assess options for upcoming embedded projects."
Protocol Roadmaps and Product Demonstrations At Embedded World, Digi representatives will be outlining plans for key industry protocols and previewing upcoming product introductions, including the following:
- Thread – building upon the release of its first Thread-ready XBee module with expanded memory, Digi will demonstrate and discuss its plans for the IPv6-based protocol, its relative merits for industrial markets, and expected certification milestones.
- ZigBee 3.0 – Digi will outline its approach to ZigBee 3.0, the industry protocol designed to unify all previous application-specific ZigBee device descriptions, behaviors and profiles into a common applications layer that supports all IoT product development needs for smart homes, buildings and neighborhood-area networks.
- ConnectCore for i.MX6UL – the upcoming addition to the ConnectCore product line is designed for the NXP i.MX 6UltraLite, a high-performance, ultra-efficient processor family featuring an advanced implementation of a single ARM® Cortex®- A7 core, which operates at speeds of up to 528 MHz. With a low-profile form factor slightly bigger than a postage stamp, the ConnectCore for i.MX6UL's innovative and scalable Digi SMTplus™ surface mount form factor will support design integration flexibility by supporting more complex applications through LGA pads and less complex applications via edge castellated pads, addressing different customer audiences with respect to expertise as well as manufacturing complexity and cost of the end product.
- XBee 802.15.4 and DigiMesh 2.4 Modules – An upcoming major hardware platform update to Digi's popular Series 1 XBee will be displayed. The new platform includes industry leading power profile with 1uA sleep current, and 50 percent better current consumption, the addition of a surface-mount technology (SMT) form factor, more memory and OTA updatability.
- Android – On Tuesday, Feb. 23, from 5 - 5:30 p.m., Mike Rohrmoser, director of product management, embedded systems at Digi International, will be presenting as part of Session 09: Embedded OSII on a presentation titled "Migration of Your Existing Windows Applications to Android."
Customer Demonstrations One of the main highlights of the conference will be customer presentations, featuring:
- Frazer-Nash – Makers of Metrocab, the only zero-emissions capable black cab currently operating in London, will share how they are able to increase their speed to market by using Digi ConnectCore® 6 system-on-module to power the driver instrumentation and passenger displays. Using Digi's ConnectCore 6, which utilizes the NPX i.MX6 Quad, the Metrocab is able to provide unparalleled interactive displays that bring both safety and comfort to driver and passenger.
- Furuno – A leading provider of marine communications and navigation equipment, Furuno uses Digi's ConnectCore 6 as part of its NavNet TZtouch2 advanced marine navigation systems. With Digi's ConnectCore 6, the world's first surface-mount multi-chip module with built-in wireless connectivity, Furuno's NavNet TZtouch2 features a customizable touchscreen display, built-in dual-frequency Fish Finder, wireless hotspot connectivity, internal GPS antenna and more – all powering a 12.1-inch WXGA or 15.6-inch FWXGA display.
- Parallax Inc. – The ELEV-8 Quadcopter is a flying robotic platform where the entire system is designed in a clean, open plan that requires no soldering for assembly, and offers 1.36 kilogram payload capacity. The ELEV-8 Flight Controller uses Digi's XBee radios (900HP - Americas, 802.15.4 - EU) for long-range, line-of-sight transmission of telemetry and flight performance data to the controller on the ground, where it is presented in Parallax's Ground Station, a full graphical software display. When using the 900HP radios, line-of-sight transmission ranges of up to 14 kilometers are possible for high-performance, long-range missions.
For more information on Digi International activities at Embedded World, or to schedule a meeting at stand 449 in Hall A with Digi representatives, visit: http://info.digi.com/ew2016.html
About Digi International Digi International (NASDAQ: DGII) is a leading global provider of mission-critical machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services. We help our customers create next-generation connected products and deploy and manage critical communications infrastructures in demanding environments with high levels of security, relentless reliability and bulletproof performance. Founded in 1985, we've helped our customers connect over 100 million things, and growing. For more information, visit Digi's website at www.digi.com, or call 877-912-3444 (U.S.) or 952-912-3444 (International).
Media Contacts: Europe Vibeke Ulmann Catalyst Communications Office: +44 (0)1323 760 335 firstname.lastname@example.org
North America Rick McLaughlin LEWIS Office: +1 781-418-2402 email@example.com
SOURCE Digi International