BEAVERTON, Ore. and NEW YORK, Jan. 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- NRF Booth #1201 -- Digimarc Corp. (NASDAQ: DMRC), inventor of the Digimarc Barcode, announced that the company's presentation at the National Retail Federation's 2016 Big Show, being held at the Javits Center in New York City, January 17-19, will introduce major new market development partners, including GS1 US and leading retail scanner vendors. Digimarc's progress will be on display in numerous locations around the show, evidencing growing support for its ground-breaking Digimarc Discover® software and Digimarc Barcode.
Digimarc® Discover is the world's best scanning software for smartphones. The Discover mobile software development kit lets developers integrate scanning of UPC/EAN codes, other 1D and 2D consumer barcode formats commonly used at retail, and Digimarc Barcodes, into retailer and other consumer engagement applications. The software offers unprecedented performance and seamless scanning of multiple barcode formats, making identification of products by mobile consumers easier and more reliable than ever. Inclusion of detection of Digimarc Barcodes for print, packaging and audio means application developers get the best performance with today's dominant formats while 'future-proofing' their apps for increasing adoption of the Digimarc Barcode.
Digimarc Barcodes are invisible; thus, can be replicated across all sides of a package, facilitating significant improvements in speed and accuracy at checkout for retailers and new engagement experiences for brands with consumers. Attendees are encouraged to visit Booth 1201, and the exhibits of numerous business partners, to experience Digimarc Barcode – The Barcode of Everything™ – for themselves.
Digimarc Barcode enhances objects by giving them a pervasive network identity. Digimarc Discover software enables reliable and efficient discovery of enabled items. The combination of Digimarc Discover and Digimarc Barcode constitutes a platform that does everything traditional barcodes do better. The blossoming of this new generation barcode will be on display in Digimarc's booth. Demonstrations will include leading scanning vendors, major product packaging print partners, and customers. Representatives from industry association GS1 US will be available to share their vision of how the Digimarc platform will address many concerns and opportunities of retailers. Visitors can also participate in a friendly competition, with a real-time leaderboard and daily prizes for the fastest scanning. Demonstrations and testimonials at the show will include:
- Industry Association Collaboration (Digimarc Booth 1201): Digimarc and GS1 US, the U.S. operation of the organization that maintains the global standards for barcodes, have announced a broad collaboration to help the industries served by GS1 to make effective use of Digimarc Barcode. GS1 US will educate, train and provide access to services to their 300,000 member businesses. Among other things, Digimarc and GS1 US intend to improve product identification for retailers and consumers with brand-certified, accurate product information via Digimarc Barcodes.
- Retail Scanner Suppliers: The Digimarc booth will have demonstrations of in-counter and handheld scanners from leading original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of retail POS systems. Attendees can do hands-on evaluation of Digimarc Barcode performance improvements using scanners from Datalogic, Honeywell, NCR and others. Digimarc Barcode will also be featured in exhibits:
- Datalogic (Booth 3619): Datalogic is the global leader in stationary POS scanners with over fifty percent market share worldwide. It was the first manufacturer to implement and deploy Digimarc Barcode decoding on retail scanners, industrial mobile computers, and handheld scanners.
- Honeywell (Booth 1543): Honeywell's Xenon 1900 handheld barcode scanner, an entry-level Digimarc reader, features a custom image sensor that improves scanning aggressiveness and reliability. This area imager features image process software that offers advanced editing functionality, which produces high-quality digital images. Together with the Digimarc Barcode, the Xenon 1900 scanner removes the need for customers or store associates to locate and scan a traditional UPC or QR code, which enables a faster checkout experience.
- NCR (Booth 3105): RealScan™ 78 Bi-Optic Scanners can be upgraded to support Digimarc's new barcode technology, continuing to protect your investment.
- Microsoft (Booth 2803): Microsoft will demonstrate its vision for modern POS scanning, using Digimarc Barcodes. A Datalogic Magellan 9800, Microsoft Surface 4, and real product packaging will allow attendees to experience the combination of Digimarc technology with Microsoft's retail software solutions.
- Brand Deployment: Digimarc has partnered with leading brand deployment and pre-media service providers SGS and Schawk to offer Digimarc Barcode services to national and store brand owners and consumer products suppliers. Examples of Digimarc-enhanced packaging will be available at the Digimarc booth.
- Generic Pharmaceuticals: Perrigo, the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter pharmaceutical products for the store brand market, has adopted Digimarc Barcode to improve point-of-sale efficiency for retailers and provide consumers easier access to product information from enabled 'smart' labels.
- Variable-Weight Products: A considerable amount of grocery purchases involve variable-weight items, such as in deli. Bizerba (Booth 2983), a leading manufacturer of retail scales, slicers and weigh price labeling equipment for grocery, will demonstrate variable weight product labels enhanced with Digimarc Barcode.
- SPARC Mobile App for Walmart: Digimarc Barcode can improve inventory management for suppliers. The SP*, Supplier Portal Allowing Retail Coverage (SPARC) smartphone app delivers real-time product inventory data directly to Walmart suppliers, providing an overview of what products are on store shelves and in the backroom. Learn more about how Digimarc can help the supply chain be more efficient.
- Shazam: The Digimarc platform provides unprecedented consumer engagement via smartphones. One of the world's foremost discovery applications for smartphones, Shazam has integrated Digimarc Discover to create "visual Shazaming," turning what customers see into opportunities to explore, engage and purchase products with their smartphones. Examples of visual Shazaming by leading brands will be showcased in the Digimarc booth.
- Display Marketing: Digimarc enables consumer engagement throughout the modern mobile-centric shopper's journey. See real world examples from world leaders in POP signage, cardboard end-of-aisle displays and dynamic poster advertising that have enabled their products with Digimarc Barcode.
- Customer Showcase: Attendees can examine Digimarc Barcode-enhanced packaging from Kraft Heinz Co. at the Digimarc booth. Private-label products will be available from innovative retailers including Wegmans, and New Seasons Market, a premium Northwest regional grocer. These packages will be used in Digimarc's retail scanning contest to demonstrate improvement in scanning at front-of-store.
About Digimarc Digimarc Corp. (NASDAQ: DMRC), based in Beaverton, Oregon, is inventor of the Digimarc Discover® platform featuring the imperceptible Digimarc Barcode for automatically identifying and interacting with virtually any media. The platform enables industrial scanners, smartphones, tablets and other computer interfaces to reliably, efficiently and economically identify traditional barcoded items, along with many other media objects. Digimarc Barcodes are imperceptible to people and do all that visible barcodes do, but perform better. They can be applied to virtually all forms of media. These remarkable capabilities have allowed Digimarc and its business partners to supply a wide range of patented consumer engagement, media management and security solutions across multiple consumer and government industry sectors. Digimarc owns an extensive intellectual property portfolio, with patents in digital watermarking, content identification and management, media object discovery, and intuitive computing more generally. For more information and the latest news, please visit www.digimarc.com and follow on Twitter at @DigimarcCorp.
SOURCE Digimarc Corp.