Laura Dail (@LCDail), president of Laura Dail Literary Agency, Inc. and the DBW 2017 conference captain for the Editorial Acquisitions + Development track, says, "DBW is not about ebooks; it's about smart book publishing, including print, in a digital world."
Bill Kasdorf (@BillKasdorf), vice president and principal consultant of Apex Content Solutions, the DBW conference captain for the Production + Distribution track, shares, "The book publishing ecosystem is richer and more exciting than it's ever been – but more complicated and challenging as well. Publishers are transforming their workflows to produce print and digital products more economically and efficiently than ever. But it's not just about technology: the culture change, the new mindset required by editorial and production staffs, is the hard part. At DBW 2017, we'll be hearing from publishers who are really making this work – and are willing to share their strategies and secrets."
Rick Pascocello, marketing consultant and literary agent with Glass Literary Management, and DBW conference captain for the Marketing + Sales track, notes, "DBW17 will be an action-oriented conference, providing knowledge attendees can use to improve their business as soon as they get back to the office."
Kempton Mooney (@kemptonm), senior director of research and analytics for Nielsen Book, and the DBW conference chair of the Data Analysis + Reporting track, says, "There's a lot of change happening within publishing, thus, publishing businesses and their products must evolve; this requires research and data. At DBW 2017, we'll look at where to get critical data and how to use it, and we'll dig into key industry findings."
Overall, DBW 2017 attendees will get up-to-date on key issues and opportunities that will help them get ahead for the coming year; learn strategies from both familiar faces and new voices; and connect with the industry's leading executives, experts and innovators. Some of the highlights of the DBW 2017 session topics (on. Jan 17 and 18), in their respective track, include:
Editorial Acquisitions + Development
- New Publishing Models for Traditional Publishers
- Hybrid Publishing and Hybrid Authors
- What's Next for Audiobooks
- The Secret Lives of Agents
Production + Distribution
- Creating New Workflows That Work: How to Reduce Friction in Your Products, Processes and People
- How to Think Print + Platform + Products: It's All About the Customer
- Taking Control of the Channel: Native Retailing, Agile Global Print & Vendor Managed Inventory for Book Publishers
- Libraries as Partners
Marketing + Sales
- What Sells Books Now: Strategies & Tactics for the Modern Marketing Budget
- Influencer Marketing: Making It Work for Books & Authors
- Remaking the Copywriting Process and the Shift From B2B to B2C
- Book Pricing Strategies for 2017: What the Big 5 Can't Talk About
Data Analysis + Reporting
- What's Really Driving the Digital Decline & Will It Continue?
- Big Data, Machine Learning & Chatbots: Current Applications for Publishers
- Identifiers Master Class: What They Are & What They're Good For
- Using Your Operational Metrics to Accelerate Transformation
DBW Indie Author: The First Conference for the New Professional Author
In addition to the DBW 2017 conference tracks on Jan. 17 and Jan. 18, DBW will present DBW Indie Author: The First Conference for the New Professional Author, on Jan. 19. The program will cover the landscape for independent and hybrid authors. Some of the DBW Indie Author topic highlights include:
- The Freedom to Publish: The Sophisticated Ways of Today's Indies
- The Rise of the Platforms: One Big Step Beyond a Publisher
- Working Lunch: Face-to-Face Conversations with the Enablers of an Author's Career
- Tight Insights: The Indie Universe Quantified + The Author's Career Advocates
- When the Going Gets Good: The New Professional Author Is in Control
Visit digitalbookworldconference.com to learn more and to register. To enquire about attending, sponsoring or exhibiting at DBW 2017, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The New York Hilton Midtown is the official conference hotel for all DBW 2017 sessions, programs and lodging. Book lodging early by contacting EventSphere, the official housing partner, at 877-416-9396 or via email@example.com.
About F+W, A Content + eCommerce Company
F+W connects passionate, like-minded groups of people to share an ongoing exchange of information, ideas and inspiration. F+W is committed to providing the very best experience for its customers across its communities – digital media, writing, design, outdoors and lifestyle, among many others. The company offers exclusive events, online learning programs, research services, custom content, books and magazines (digital and print), curated kits and other services to its millions of customers worldwide. (fwmedia.com)
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/digital-book-worlds-conference-program-jan-17--19-in-nyc-focuses-on-key-solutions-and-opportunities-for-publishers-and-their-partners-300349812.html
SOURCE Digital Book World