NEW YORK, Feb. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Dimension Data, the global IT services and solutions provider, today announced its Clinical Mobility Solution, designed to improve healthcare patient safety and caregiver efficiency, while minimizing institutional operating expenses. The solution – a framework to help healthcare organizations develop, execute and evolve their mobility strategies – draws on Dimension Data's experience serving hundreds of healthcare institutions across the world. Dimension Data will demonstrate this solution and other offerings at the 2017 HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition, Feb. 19-23, in Orlando, Florida, at booth #911.
With 90 percent of healthcare professionals using mobile devices to engage patients, according to a HIMSS mobile technology survey, mobile technologies continue to unleash transformative benefits for providers and patients alike. Combining Dimension Data's consulting, design, technology and professional services, Dimension Data's Clinical Mobility Solution enables organizations to more effectively integrate mobility across their operations and infrastructure for a wide range of applications and use cases, including:
- Alert and alarm management – with, for example, critical lab results or respiratory alarm notifications pushed out to targeted healthcare staff on their devices at hand for immediate action.
- Medication management – enabling providers, for example, to scan medication barcodes and instantly cross-reference patient records to ensure a drug won't cause an adverse reaction.
- Clinical decision support – securely putting caregivers in contact with other reputable sources, including specialists and colleagues in different locations.
- Directory services – so hospital staff can click on names, rather than dialing extensions, and immediately connect with colleagues on the devices they're carrying.
- Electronic health record access – ensuring timely and consistent access to critical patient data.
"Improving patient care and safety is a paramount concern in modern hospitals, and a major motivating factor in the development of mobility strategies," said Jason Brandt, director of Dimension Data's healthcare practice. "Our new Clinical Mobility Solution and flexible approach to technology innovation have helped improve patient outcomes and provider efficiencies, while saving our clients money. We bring executive leadership, technology leadership and clinical leadership together to make sure everyone – especially the patient – benefits."
VPO Offering: New Interface Acts as Patient-Centric 'Control Center'
At HIMSS17, Dimension Data is also debuting a new interface – designed to improve patient comfort and safety, and caregiver responsiveness and efficiency – for its popular Virtual Patient Observation (VPO) solution. The VPO offering includes high-definition surveillance technology; on-demand video interaction; care unit mobilization and, now, an intuitive, patient-centric interface.
Serving as a patient-centric "control center," the new, single interface:
- Combines video, clinical data, analytics and communications to simplify workflows and support better care.
- Eliminates the need to monitor and reconcile information from different software environments. Staff can, for example, remotely observe a patient engaging in an unsafe activity (such as trying to get out of bed), speak directly into his/her room, and, if unresolved, alert the assigned nurse – all from a single screen.
- Allows providers – when the technology is paired with Dimension Data's Mobile Observation Nursing Assistant (MONA) – to dynamically enable a patient room with the appropriate technology, ensuring flexibility in addressing patient safety needs across any number of care units.
"Statistics show between 700,000 and 1 million people fall in U.S. hospitals each year. While not every fall is preventable, hospitals, elderly care facilities and the healthcare industry overall are seeking innovative technologies such as VPO to address this issue, improve safety and contain costs," Brandt said. "With an estimated ROI of six months, our VPO offering has already been proven to reduce falls, improve staff efficiency and save money. The new interface will enable superior responsiveness, helping hospitals take even more immediate, preventative actions."
Also at HIMSS17: Dimension Data Sponsors Build-a-Bike Charity Event
Along with Intel and parent company NTT Data, Dimension Data is sponsoring a build-a-bike charity event on Feb. 21, from 6:30-10 p.m. ET, at the Epcot World Showcase Events Pavilion, as part of HIMSS17. Attendees will work together to build as many bikes as possible with onbikes, a non-profit organization that brings bicycles to at-risk and foster children. Participants will be entered into a drawing for a special prize, presented by Indianapolis 500 winner Tony Kanaan, and can take advantage of photo opportunities with Kanaan as well. Shuttle service will be provided to and from the event.
For more information about Dimension Data's healthcare practice – which connects people, process and technology to improve patient care – please see www.dimensiondata.com/us-Healthcare.
About Dimension Data
Founded in 1983, Dimension Data plc is an ICT services and solutions provider that uses its technology expertise, global service delivery capability and entrepreneurial spirit to accelerate the business ambitions of its clients. Dimension Data is a member of the NTT Group. Visit us at http://www.dimensiondata.com/en-US, like us on www.facebook.com/DimensionDataAmericas or follow us @DimensionDataAM.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dimension-data-announces-clinical-mobility-solution-to-improve-healthcare-patient-safety-and-caregiver-efficiency-300403251.html
SOURCE Dimension Data