Dimension Data Launches Adoption Management Program to Help Companies Realize ROI on Technology Investments
New AMP Solution Accelerates and Measures the Rate of User Adoption for Advanced Technologies, Such as Unified Communications and Telepresence
ORLANDO, Fla., March 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Dimension Data, a global IT solutions and services provider, today unveiled its Adoption Management Program (AMP) solution at booth #1009 at VoiceCon, being held March 22-25 in Orlando, Fla. AMP is designed to help organizations maximize ROI on their technology investments – including unified communications and telepresence – through an easy-to-implement marketing solution aimed at driving internal awareness of the technology and increasing end-user adoption.
In a survey by Sandhill Group and Neochange, 70% of respondents believe end-user adoption is the most critical success factor for realizing deployment value. AMP is a multi-phased, multi-vehicle communications program designed to address these challenges, enabling clients to:
- Proactively drive adoption of new technology by engaging users and increasing their knowledge and comfort level;
- Measure the rate of adoption; and
- Increase ROI and realize the technology's full potential.
"End-user adoption of new technology is frequently a key roadblock to an implementation's success and also the most critical factor for generating return on investment," said Gartner Research Director Daniel O'Connell. "Most organizations simply do not have the time or internal resources to effectively promote a new technology and educate employees on its use. Offerings that provide a built-in marketing solution will bolster enterprises' confidence when investing in emerging technologies such as unified communications and telepresence."
AMP leverages best practices from Dimension Data's rollout of unified communications technologies across its own organization throughout the Americas, spanning 21 locations and 1,000 employees. By deploying AMP internally, Dimension Data rapidly and dramatically improved employee communication and collaboration, and realized the following benefits:
- 95% user adoption rate in just two months; and
- 50% reduction in travel costs as a result of high end-user adoption.
Dimension Data is currently offering AMP for companies deploying unified communications and telepresence. Companies deploying Integrated Collaboration – a solution from Dimension Data that incorporates Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS), Cisco IP telephony and Tandberg video conferencing – can also take advantage of the AMP offering.
AMP crosses technology platforms and consists of two options – Self-Service and Full-Service:
- The AMP Self-Service offering provides enterprises with a complete, electronic marketing tool kit, personalized with the organization's logo and a best practices guide. The tool kit features promotional tools, including teasers, e-mails, posters, templates, Web banners, an audio message and a chair drop/direct mail piece; educational tools, including a Flash video, a Webinar with power users, contest guidelines, user "cheat sheets," an etiquette document and a dedicated Web page for the client's Intranet; and measurement tools, including end-user adoption and training surveys. Each tool is provided in its native format so that the organization can edit it, if desired.
- The AMP Full-Service option includes a dedicated marketing professional to create a unique project plan – and to coordinate and facilitate the rollout of the entire program. Organizations can opt for either the aforementioned standard tool kit or a customized theme that best corresponds to their corporate culture.
"Purchasing groundbreaking technology is only beneficial if employees actually use it. The possibility that the latest IT purchase will become nothing more than 'shelfware' is an ongoing concern for organizations," said Wesley Johnston, COO and executive vice president, Dimension Data. "Due to its multi-phased, multi-vehicle and multi-message approach, AMP provides a total communications solution for helping organizations energize the employee base, ultimately compelling them to embrace the features and functionality of new technologies."
About Dimension Data
Dimension Data (LSE: DDT), a specialist IT services and solutions provider, helps clients plan, build, support and manage their network and IT infrastructures. Dimension Data applies its expertise in networking, security, operating environments, storage and contact center technologies and its unique skills in consulting, integration and managed services to create customized client services. For more information: Call 866-DIDATA-US or visit www.dimensiondata.com/na.
SOURCE Dimension Data
More by this Source
Dimension Data Announces SaaS Hosting And Management Solutions
Nov 18, 2013, 10:45 ET
Dimension Data Named CRN's Solution Provider 500 Company Of The Year
Nov 13, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.