Dimension Data Named SIIA CODiE Award Finalist For Best Cloud Infrastructure
Category recognizes top solution for providing infrastructure-as-a-service in a seamless, scalable, flexible manner
NEW YORK, May 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Dimension Data, the $5.8 billion ICT services and solutions provider, today announced that its CloudControl™ cloud management system has been named a 2012 SIIA CODiE Award finalist in the "Best Cloud Infrastructure" category, which recognizes the top solution for providing infrastructure-as-a-service in a seamless, scalable and flexible manner.
"We're honored to be recognized as a 2012 CODiE Award finalist for the powerful automation capabilities of CloudControl, which underpin our Managed Cloud Platform," said Steve Nola, chief executive officer, cloud business unit at Dimension Data. "This acknowledgement further validates the strong interest we're seeing from clients worldwide that want to improve agility and simplify their migration of IT infrastructure and applications to the cloud."
Now in its 27th year, the SIIA CODiE Awards program recognizes excellence in the business software, digital content and education technology industries, based on a multi-phase review process by industry peers and experts. For the "Best Cloud Infrastructure" category, judges are emphasizing the following capabilities: administrative controls and reporting, ease/speed of provisioning, impact on the cost of deployment in a cloud environment, overall performance, scalability, and transparent and dynamic SLAs.
Part of its global cloud services portfolio, Dimension Data's CloudControl is a sophisticated cloud management system that provides complete automation of the orchestration, administration, provisioning, management, support, metering and billing of cloud-based resources. Delivered together with the company's Managed Cloud Platform™, CloudControl goes beyond providing simple provisioning of virtual machines onto physical servers to offer:
- Hardware-based networking: Configurable networking of hardware-based VLANs, firewalls, load balancing, multi-cast and network address translation (NAT).
- Easy-to-use interface: An intuitive web-based user interface and a robust REST-based API that allows full control and administration of cloud-based servers and storage.
- Granular control of resources: Cloud servers can be configured on the fly, allowing customization of CPU, memory and storage on servers without having to create a new instance.
- Security and controls: VLANs, configurable firewalls, VPN and encrypted data in-flight and at rest, tiered user accounts, self-service configurations, user permissions, reporting and auditing.
- Performance guarantees: Network and server uptime guarantees, response time guarantees and latency guarantees.
CODiE Award winners will be announced at the 7th annual All About the Cloud event, which will take place May 8-10 in San Francisco. Hosted by the SIIA and OpSource, which was acquired by Dimension Data in June 2011, the event brings together executives from ISVs (independent software vendors), resellers, platform and infrastructure providers, analysts, venture capitalists and media to discuss every aspect of the cloud ecosystem.
About Dimension Data
Founded in 1983, Dimension Data plc is an ICT services and solutions provider that uses its technology expertise, global service delivery capability, and entrepreneurial spirit to accelerate the business ambitions of its clients. Dimension Data is a member of the NTT Group. www.dimensiondata.com
SOURCE Dimension Data
More by this Source
Dimension Data Recognized By FireEye As 2013 Global Systems Integrator Of The Year
Mar 04, 2014, 09:00 ET
Dimension Data Named To CRN's Managed Service Provider 500 List
Mar 03, 2014, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.