LONDON, April 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Spring is in the air which means it's time to dine al fresco. Whether you are planning a picnic in the park or a family get-together in the garden, a meal in the great outdoors isn't complete without a good cheese.
Le Rustique's range of premium Brie and Camembert is the perfect addition to any cheeseboard and can be enjoyed as part of a spring time recipe. Why not try a simple but delicious, Camembert, Green Apple & Spiced Pecan Salad (recipe below).
Le Rustique Camembert has a rich, authentic taste and creamy texture which evolves as it matures.
The indulgent Brie de Caractère, on the other hand, is known for its full-bodied flavour, mushroom aroma and creamy texture.
Le Rustique 8 portions offers the same bold taste and creamy texture but conveniently wrapped into 8 individual 30g portions.
Le Rustique products are available from major UK supermarkets including Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, The Co-Operative and Waitrose.
Le Rustique Camembert, Green Apple & Spiced Pecan Salad (Serves 2)
1 Le Rustique Camembert
2 Green apples
A drop of light olive oil
A dash of sherry vinegar
A sprinkle of rock salt
A small amount of Harissa
- Bake the beetroot at 160°C in a fan or conventional oven whole for 30 mins, wrapped in a single layer of tinfoil, with a little rock salt
- Remove from the oven, peel and chop into 1.5cm cubes and add a dash of sherry vinegar
- Core and chop each apple into 12 wedges
- Remove the Le Rustique Camembert from its box and paper. Cut the camembert into 1cm cubes
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the pecans and sprinkle a small amount of harissa. Toss and bake in the oven at 160°C (fan or conventional) for 5 minutes
- Mix the beetroot, camembert, pecans and two thirds of the apple wedges together
- Cut the remaining apple into smaller strips and place on top to finish salad
SOURCE Le Rustique