PORTLAND, Ore., Jan. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- DirectTextbook.com, the world's leading online textbook price comparison engine, is making it easier than ever for college students to save up to 90 percent on textbooks with a full suite of free money-saving tools, including new additions like Access Code Search and Study Aids.
Most used textbooks do not include the working access codes students need to complete online assignments and exams, which forces them to buy brand-new textbooks at full-price. DirectTextbook.com solves that problem with a new Access Code Search filter; now, students can find cheaper, used textbooks that include valid access codes simply by checking the "access code filter" box when they search.
DirectTextbook.com also recently introduced Study Aids, a feature that connects students with textbook-specific flashcards and instructional videos from services such as Quizlet, YouTube and CourseHero. Now, students can get the study aids they need to better understand textbook material fast, easy and free-of-charge.
Access Code Search and Study Aids are just two of the newest tools students (and parents) can leverage to save up to 90 percent – and an average of 50 percent – on textbooks with DirectTextbook.com. Other free tools include:
- The world's most comprehensive textbook price comparison service, which searches more than 200 online sellers to instantly display the lowest prices for any textbook
- Alternative edition search, which helps students find even lower prices for alternative editions including used editions, past editions, teacher's editions, international editions, rentals and e-textbooks
- Coupon search, which automatically finds and applies the best available coupons to any textbook
- Direct Textbook Cash Back, which pays students up to ten percent cash back for textbooks they buy from participating sellers
- Price alerts, which instantly notify students when a textbook they need drops in price
DirectTextbook.com does not sell textbooks; rather, the free service connects students with the lowest-priced sellers and helps them avoid overpaying at campus bookstores – which often work with publishers to issue "custom" textbooks with unique ISBNs that make it difficult for students to find cheaper alternatives elsewhere. However, searching by title and/or author on DirectTextbook.com can reveal cheaper alternatives that typically include everything needed to pass a given course.
Chemistry: Structure and Properties (ISBN 9780321834683)
- University of Alabama Bookstore (custom edition ISBN 1269905899): $132 new
- DirectTextbook.com: $83.19 used
Psychological Science with Access Code (ISBN 9780393937497)
- University of Alabama Bookstore: $187.95 new
- DirectTextbook.com: $82.69 used
Chemistry: An Atoms-Focused Approach
- Clemson University Bookstore (custom edition ISBN 9780393600681): $110 new
- DirectTextbook.com: $66.49 used
Physics for Scientists and Engineers (ISBN 9780534466855)
- Clemson University Bookstore (custom edition ISBN 9781305289963) $206.65 new
- DirectTextbook.com: $26.59 used
For more information, visit http://www.directtextbook.com.
Since 2002, Direct Textbook has helped more than 20 million parents and students find the lowest prices on new, used, rental and ebook textbooks. Direct Textbook can be found online at http://www.directtextbook.com.