Discovery Bay Games Announces Six Major Licensing Deals Including Gallop! and Highlights For Children Company to showcase new partnerships and products at New York Toy Fair
SEATTLE, Feb. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Discovery Bay Games will showcase a variety of new partnerships and products at this year's New York Toy Fair, February 13-16, 2011 (BOOTH #6005). Ongoing partnerships and new deals include Broadway Video Enterprises, Daryl Hannah and Hilary Shepard, GALLOP!, Highlights for Children, Smithsonian Institution, and University of Oxford.
"This is going to be an exciting year for us," said Craig Olson, CEO of Discovery Bay Games. "In addition to an amazing group of license partners, we are introducing a great mix of physical and digital products."
Discovery Bay Games will showcase the following licensing deals and associated products at Toy Fair:
- Broadway Video Enterprises / "Saturday Night Live" – Discovery Bay Games has secured worldwide rights for the digital version of "Saturday Night Live – The Game" through an ongoing partnership with Broadway Video Enterprises. This will allow Discovery Bay Games to create multi-activity tablet games, which will be launched in conjunction with a new tablet game accessory in fall 2011.
- Daryl Hannah / Hilary Shepard – Discovery Bay Games has already launched three award-winning games with actresses Daryl Hannah and Hilary Shepard (LIEbrary, Famous Last Lines and Call-it!). This year, Call-it!, a fast-paced and wild memory challenge game, will also be available as an App.
- GALLOP! – Based on the popular book by Rufus Butler Seder, Discovery Bay Games has created a board game that will feature the magic of Scanimation®.
- Highlights for Children – Discovery Bay Games has partnered with Highlights for Children to bring this beloved brand to life in a new way. The Highlights' product line will include three physical games and three digital tablet games, which will work in conjunction with new or existing tablet game accessories.
- Smithsonian Institution – Discovery Bay Games is excited to be working with the Smithsonian Institution, America's national educational facility with 19 museums, 9 research centers and over 160 affiliate museums around the world. The 2011 line of Smithsonian products will include two board games, three jigsaw puzzles, and a digital game App, which will work with the Duo™ tablet game accessory.
- University of Oxford – Discovery Bay Games and the University of Oxford have come together to create a classic line of products that embody the timeless spirit of this world renowned learning institution. The Oxford product line includes a crew-themed cribbage set, three jigsaw puzzles, and a classic card set.
About Discovery Bay Games
Based in Seattle, Wash., Discovery Bay Games makes award-winning and innovative games, puzzles, apps, and tablet game accessories that suit all ages and interests. The company's mission is to bring friends and families together to play, laugh, and interact. Discovery Bay is led by experienced game developers and professionals from a bevy of game companies including Cranium, Hasbro, Mattel, Screenlife, and Wizards of the Coast. In addition to developing original content, Discovery Bay continually seeks partnerships with internationally recognized brands and licensors. For more information, visit www.discoverybaygames.com.
SOURCE Discovery Bay Games