BURLINGTON, Mass., Nov. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group, one of the world's leading research and advisory firms for pharmaceutical and healthcare issues, finds that market access is drastically changing for companies focused on a wide range of specific indications, including schizophrenia, diabetes and prostate cancer. The different facets of healthcare reform -- from Medicaid expansion to health insurance exchanges and Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) -- are driving payers and physicians to behave in different ways.
Decision Resources Group's upcoming webinar, entitled "Healthcare Reform's Effect: Analysis of Brand-Level Impact for 2014 Market Access Strategy" discusses the key developments in Healthcare Reform that will shape the way disease-focused companies will do business tomorrow. Specific brand-level examples will include: how exchange-based plans will affect usage of schizophrenia and depression therapies such as Abilify and Cymbalta, how ACOs will impact prescribing of brands such as Singulair, Dulera or Advair by pulmonologists, and how physician prescribing of Januvia and Onglyza will change as use of electronic health records and e-prescribing expands. This webinar will take place December 13, 2013 at 1p Eastern and is open to media and Pharmaceutical executives. Register for the webinar here.
"Dramatic change is underway in market access. Healthcare reform is driving payer responses that are actively restructuring how drugs will be reimbursed and prescribed -- and our research is revealing how stakeholders can jump in and literally shape healthcare history," said Roy Moore, Senior Director at Decision Resources, a Decision Resources Group company. "For instance, the movement to ACOs includes direct monetary incentives to motivate doctors towards giving more weight to hospitalization metrics in their prescribing decisions, requiring a new strategy for communicating a specific therapy's advantages over other drugs. Pharma executives who understand how the ACA's implications affect their brands will be able to incorporate forward-thinking insight into 2014 market access strategy."
About Physician & Payer Forum Reports -- 2013 "Physician & Payer Dynamics" Series
U.S. Physician & Payer Forum is the industry's only syndicated primary market research product that includes insights from both physicians and HMO/PPO pharmacy directors to get a true sense of how both parties shape a market. The 2013 "Physician & Payer Dynamics" Series investigates how novel payer-led care coordination and financing programs impact prescribing behavior. The Series helps pharmaceutical brand managers and marketers develop effective market access strategies within the new paradigms brought about by Healthcare Reform. Find out more here.
2013 "Physician & Payer Dynamics" Report Titles:
- NEW Healthcare Reform: Impact of Expanding Role for Medicaid and Health Exchanges on Prescribing of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder and Unipolar Depression Drugs
- NEW Payer Strategies and Access: Narrow Networks, Employed Physicians and Provider Consolidation's Impact on Prescribing Decisions for Cardiologists – Acute Coronary Syndrome and Post-Hospital Atrial Fibrillation
- NEW Impact of Payer-Imposed Strategies on Market Access in NSCLC and Prostate Cancer: Clinical Pathways, Bundled Payments and Accountable Care Organization Contracting
- NEW Market Access for High-Cost Brands in Multiple Sclerosis, Oncology, and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- NEW Accountable Care Organizations: How Will Payer and Provider Adoption of this Model Impact Prescribing Trends in Asthma and COPD?
- E-Prescribing and Electronic Health Records: Impact of Technology on Prescribing for Hypertension and Diabetes
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group is a cohesive portfolio of companies that offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Please visit Decision Resources Group at www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
SOURCE Decision Resources Group