LOS ANGELES, March 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Entertainment Studios, Inc., (www.es.tv) one of the largest independent producers and distributors of first-run syndicated television programming for broadcast television stations, and owner of seven 24-hour HD cable networks, has reached an agreement with DISH for distribution of its JUSTICE CENTRAL.TV cable television network.
The JUSTICE CENTRAL.TV cable television network is now available on DISH channel 240. Court enthusiasts will now be able to access the only 24/7 dedicated legal and news cable television network effective today. DISH customers can enjoy watching all their favorite Emmy® nominated/award-winning judges and court shows, featuring some of the biggest names in law. In the four years since the network's launch in late 2012, carriage of JUSTICE CENTRAL.TV has grown immensely, and is now available in over 40 million households.
"JUSTICE CENTRAL.TV represents a successful and underserved genre," said Andy LeCuyer, Vice President of Programming for DISH. "Our customers now have the perfect destination for a wide variety of the best court shows available to them around the clock from the largest producer of television court programming."
"Since we launched the network in December of 2012, JUSTICE CENTRAL.TV has consistently delivered double-digit ratings growth in all key day parts," said Byron Allen, Founder, Chairman, and CEO of Entertainment Studios. "I am very proud of our new relationship with DISH and I am highly confident their subscribers will enjoy the network."
DISH customers will get full access to the thousands of hours of the Entertainment Studios court programming library, including:
- JUSTICE WITH JUDGE MABLEAN – Television viewers know Judge Mablean from the television show 'Divorce Court,' where Judge Mablean presided as the Judge for seven seasons (1999-2006).
- AMERICA'S COURT WITH JUDGE ROSS – Nominated for an Emmy® Award, this is the next generation of court shows. Judge Ross shows litigants how they can responsibly deal with their disputes and understand the consequences of their actions.
- JUSTICE FOR ALL WITH JUDGE CRISTINA PEREZ – Three-time Emmy®-Award winner Cristina Perez is back on the bench. Cristina is the ultimate crossover host, who appeals to audiences everywhere.
- SUPREME JUSTICE WITH JUDGE KAREN – Twice elected as a county court judge in Miami, Judge Karen Mills-Francis is known for her feisty, full-of-life personality and passionate advocacy for families and children.
- WE THE PEOPLE WITH GLORIA ALLRED – The biggest name in law has assumed the gavel. Nominated for an Emmy® Award, Gloria Allred has been the real-life advocate and leader in conflict resolution and now she is the star of an explosive court show.
- THE VERDICT WITH JUDGE HATCHETT – Two-time Emmy®-nominated host Judge Glenda Hatchett presided as Judge on JUDGE HATCHETT for a total of fourteen seasons on the air. JUDGE HATCHETT won a Prism Award for Best Unscripted Non-Fiction Series or Special for Television.
The full suite of all seven Entertainment Studios 24/7 HD cable television networks include:
- Cars.TV - This Emmy® Award-winning and adrenaline-pumping network showcases the collectors, designers, innovators, and the ultimate car enthusiasts! (www.Cars.tv)
- Comedy.TV - A network dedicated to today's funniest comedians, featuring a mix of live concert performances, talk and variety shows, sitcoms and movies. (www.Comedy.tv)
- ES.TV - A network dedicated to entertainment news, variety shows, celebrity profiles and today's hottest superstars. (www.es.tv)
- MyDestination.TV - A network dedicated to the best in travel featuring fun, exciting, exotic must-see destinations around the world. (www.MyDestination.tv)
- Pets.TV - A network dedicated to pet lovers everywhere. PETS.TV celebrates the pets we love and the people who love them. Pet News, Pet Care, Pet Health and Pet Lifestyles! (www.Pets.tv)
- Recipe.TV - A network dedicated to famous chefs, amazing recipes, and delicious cuisine from around the world. (www.Recipe.tv)
- Justice Central.TV - A network dedicated to Emmy® Award-winning court shows, legal news, and the world's biggest trials. (www.JusticeCentral.tv)
About Entertainment Studios
Chairman and CEO Byron Allen founded Entertainment Studios in 1993. Headquartered in Los Angeles, it has offices in New York, Chicago, Denver, and Raleigh. Entertainment Studios owns seven 24-hour HD cable television networks serving nearly 80 million subscribers: PETS.TV, COMEDY.TV, RECIPE.TV, CARS.TV, ES.TV, MYDESTINATION.TV, and JUSTICE CENTRAL.TV. The company also produces, distributes, and sells advertising for 40 television programs, making it one of the largest independent producers/distributors of first-run syndicated television programming for broadcast television stations. With a library of over 5,000 hours of owned content across multiple genres, Entertainment Studios provides video content to broadcast television stations, cable television networks, mobile devices, multimedia platforms, and the World Wide Web. Our mission is to provide excellent programming to our viewers, online users, and Fortune 500 advertising partners.
In 2015, Entertainment Studios purchased Freestyle Releasing, a full-service, theatrical motion picture distribution company that specializes in representing independent companies, major studios, and mini-major studios for the purpose of exhibiting their films as first-class theatrical releases. The co-founder and principal of Freestyle Releasing, Mark Borde, is a highly-regarded and experienced motion picture veteran with decades of respected work in the industry. The digital distribution unit of Freestyle, Freestyle Digital Media, supplies quality commercial film and TV content directly to all US VOD/SVOD rental DVD/Kiosks and theaters using the latest cloud-based technologies to automate digital workflow. Freestyle Digital Media provides our content audience a positive digital viewing experience on every device everywhere.
In 2016, Entertainment Studios purchased TheGrio, a digital video-centric news community platform devoted to providing African-Americans with compelling stories and perspectives currently underrepresented in existing national news outlets. TheGrio features aggregated and original video packages, news articles, and blogs on topics that include breaking news, politics, health, business, and entertainment. Originally launched in 2009, the platform was then purchased by NBC News in 2010. In 2014, TheGrio founders purchased their company back from NBC News and has since tripled its traffic rate. The digital platform remains focused on curating exciting digital content and currently has more than 20 million annual visitors.
DISH Network Corp. (NASDAQ: DISH), through its subsidiaries, provides approximately 13.671 million pay-TV subscribers, as of December 31, 2016, with the highest-quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value. DISH offers a high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network Corporation is a Fortune 200 company. Visit www.dish.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dish-launches-byron-allens-entertainment-studios-networks-justice-centraltv-300428448.html
SOURCE Entertainment Studios, Inc.