ANAHEIM, Calif., Jan. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Spring and summer at the Disneyland Resort will be more thrilling than ever this year with new family vacation fun and spectacular entertainment. Guests continue to discover the excitement of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration and its nighttime spectaculars, plus new and enhanced Star Wars experiences. At Disney California Adventure Park, Cars Land will soon debut its newest attraction, Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters.
Guests planning a summer vacation at the Disneyland Resort also will enjoy a new "Frozen" musical, based on the blockbuster Walt Disney Animation Studios film, and the unforgettable, new Soarin' Around the World attraction. Magic awaits guests of all ages in 2016, including these 16 special experiences.
At Disney California Adventure Park
Disney California Adventure celebrates its 15th anniversary Feb. 8, 2016, with adventures from Buena Vista Street to Cars Land, and something for guests of all ages, including the thrilling California Screamin' coaster, the uplifting Pixar Play Parade and the high-scoring action of "Toy Story Mania."
1. The new live "Frozen" musical premieres in late spring 2016, immersing audiences in the emotional journey of Anna and Elsa with all of the excitement of live theater. The entertaining musical adaptation will include elaborate costumes and sets, stunning special effects, show-stopping production numbers and some unique theatrical surprises. The show will play at the Hyperion Theater.
2. The fun-filled Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters attraction, debuting soon at Casa Della Tires in Cars Land, is rolling with fun as Luigi's cugini (cousins) have come from Carsoli, Italy, to help celebrate Race Day in Radiator Springs. Park guests join in the fun by hopping aboard miniature Italian roadsters, in the style of late 1950s micro cars. The cars perform the traditional dances of their village, moving to upbeat music and Luigi's singing in a precision-choreographed dance across what appears to be a trackless "dance floor." Each car has its own routine, so guests will enjoy different ride experiences depending on which car they board.
At Disneyland Park
Exciting Star Wars experiences in Disneyland Park celebrate the Star Wars film saga.
3. Star Wars Launch Bay invites guests to visit a Star Wars-themed cantina, discover authentic replicas of film props, and encounter Star Wars characters such as Chewbacca, from the light side, and Kylo Ren from the dark side.
4. The Star Wars-themed transformation of Space Mountain into Hyperspace Mountain thrusts guests into an X-wing Starfigher battle as they race through the darkness. The experience is enhanced by a new soundtrack, inspired by the Star Wars films' musical themes and re-orchestrated to match every move in the attraction.
5. At the Star Tours – The Adventures Continue attraction, guests encounter a new adventure and characters from "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" while journeying aboard a Starspeeder 1000.
6. Guests will relive stories from the Star Wars saga – or discover them for the first time – through the short "Star Wars: Path of the Jedi" film which connects iconic scenes from the iconic films in fun new ways.
7. The popular interactive show Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple has been reimagined with Darth Vader and the Seventh Sister Inquisitor from the popular Disney XD series Star Wars Rebels.
8. As preparations begin in 2016 for a new Star Wars-themed land, guests will enjoy unique limited-time opportunities to experience some of their favorite attractions in new ways. While the Disneyland Railroad is temporarily closed, guests at the Main Street and New Orleans Square Train Stations will be able to get up-close with the historic steam engines that have circled Disneyland park for decades and learn about them firsthand from Disneyland Railroad engineers. Limited-time experiences for the Mark Twain Riverboat and Sailing Ship Columbia will debut throughout the year.
9. Super Hero fans will have their own special encounters at Super Hero HQ. They're invited to learn more about their favorite Super Heroes, such as Thor and Spiderman, and meet some of them in person.
60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration Continues in 2016
The stunning entertainment found every year at the Disneyland Resort is now even more dazzling, with three nighttime spectaculars that are part of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, continuing through Sept. 5, 2016.
10. The sparkling "Paint the Night" parade builds on the tradition of breathtaking nighttime parades in Disneyland Park that began with the "Main Street Electrical Parade." Illuminated almost entirely by LED lights, "Paint the Night" is a state-of-the art, vibrant wonder that immerses guests in the magical, luminescent worlds of many Disney and Disney●Pixar characters, including Ariel, the Little Mermaid; Woody and Buzz Lightyear from "Toy Story"'; Lightning McQueen from "Cars," Disney Princesses and Mickey Mouse and his pals.
11. The "Disneyland Forever" fireworks spectacular entertains guests from the tips of their toes to the sky high above, surrounding the audience with music, dazzling visual projections and other special effects that bring the pyrotechnics to life in surprising new ways. Guests may enjoy the projections from multiple locations, including Main Street, U.S.A., and Small World mall.
12. At Disney California Adventure, "World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney" is a fun-filled version of the popular, nighttime "World of Color" spectacular. Award-winning actor Neil Patrick Harris joins Mickey Mouse on a magical water canvas, bringing to life the remarkable story of Walt Disney and The Happiest Place on Earth with animated imagery, live-action film, fountains, lasers, special effects and a stirring musical score.
Special Offer for Southern California Residents and Themed Dining
13. Special two-day and three-day Southern California Resident tickets* make this an ideal time for Southern California residents to visit the parks. Purchase options include a two-day ticket with a choice of one park per day for $149, a two-day Park Hopper ticket for $189, a three-day ticket with a choice of one park per day for $179, or a three-day Park Hopper ticket for $219. These tickets are available through May 19, 2016 and valid through May 26, 2016. For details, visit http://Disneyland.com/flex
14. Any visit to the Disneyland Resort becomes more special with themed dining and refreshments, and the resort presents some tasty new surprises in 2016. At Disneyland, the Star Wars-themed menu at Galactic Grill includes the Darth Tamale, a First Order Specialty Burger with Angus beef and chorizo on a dark bun, and The Pastry Menace éclair. Plaza Inn is ideal for family dining with a menu that features fried chicken, pot roast and made-to-order salads. Children and the young at heart are delighted to encounter Disney characters at the "Minnie & Friends Breakfast in the Park" at Plaza Inn, one of several character meals at the resort.
15. At Disney California Adventure, guests will enjoy the recently opened Smokejumpers Grill, decorated with mementos from courageous, forest firefighters with a menu that features burgers and other favorites. The popular Cove Bar along Paradise Bay serves beverages and appetizers in an expanded patio area in 2016. The elegant Carthay Circle Restaurant continues to provide an ideal location for fine dining and adult relaxation in its lounge. And guests who want to meet Disney Princesses will find them at the character dining at Ariel's Grotto.
16. Hotel restaurants at the Disneyland Resort include Steakhouse 55 in the Disneyland Hotel, Napa Rose and Storytellers Café in Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney's PCH Grill at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. For dinner at Disney's PCH Grill, guests enjoy a menu inspired by the California beach scene, with smoked tri-tip, spice-rubbed ribs, fish and vegetarian tacos, fried chicken, and hot dogs right off the grill.
About the Disneyland Resort The Disneyland Resort features two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and the reimagined Disney California Adventure Park – plus three hotels and the Downtown Disney District, comprising unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort's hotels are the luxurious, 948-room Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, which also features 50 two-bedroom equivalent Disney Vacation Club units; the magical, recently renovated, 973-room Disneyland Hotel – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the 481-room Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel with its "day-at-the-beach" fun. For information on attractions and vacations at Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com, call (866) 43-DISNEY or contact local travel agents.
* So Cal Resident Ticket Offer:
Valid only for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999; proof of residency is required for purchase and admission. 1-Park Per Day tickets are valid for admission to either Disneyland® or Disney California Adventure® park each day of validity, but not to both parks on the same day. Park Hopper® tickets are valid for admission each day of validity to both Disneyland® and Disney California Adventure® park on the same day. Each day of use constitutes one full day of use. Tickets expire May 26, 2016. Blockout days of 3/20/16-4/2/16 apply. May purchase up to 5 tickets per person per day with valid ID. Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Offer may not be combined with other ticket discounts or promotions. Tickets not valid before 1/6/16. Subject to capacity, restrictions and change without notice.
SOURCE Disneyland Resort