CAMPBELL, Calif. and AUSTIN, Texas, May 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Society for Information Display (SID), together with Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC), announced today that leading display industry executives and analysts will be gathering in Los Angeles at the Display Week Business Conference (May 22) to discuss the outlook for TV markets and technologies such as OLED, quantum dots (QD) and QLED, High Dynamic Range (HDR), ultra-high definition (UHD) and more. The Business Conference kicks off the Business Track that runs through Display Week, which will be held this year at the Los Angeles Convention Center from May 21-26.
Experience the interactive Multimedia News Release here:
The fast-growing, large-size TV category is poised for even faster growth with waves of Gen 10.5 capacity coming on-line in the next several years from multiple suppliers. At 2,940 mm x 3,370 mm, Gen 10.5 is the largest LCD glass substrate available, efficiently enabling the manufacture of 65- and 75-inch TV panels. These large sizes will drive higher performance in resolution, color, contrast, brightness, viewing angle and other performance metrics.
JobsOhio is debuting as a sponsor of the Display Week Business Conference, and will participate in a panel session about the industry and the opportunity this affords domestically, as well as to the State of Ohio. "Interest in display industry manufacturing in the United States continues to grow, and we believe there is no better destination for this industry to thrive than Ohio," said Ted Griffith, Managing Director, Information Technology & Logistics, JobsOhio. "Sponsoring the SID/DSCC Business Conference is an opportunity to meet with industry leaders and showcase what the advantages are of doing business here. We look forward to sharing how Ohio's resources, location, talent and long-standing record of success make it the best location for a successful U.S. display manufacturing hub."
"This is an exciting time for the display market," notes SID President, Yong-Seog Kim. "Those of us at SID have the privilege of regularly getting early peeks at new display technologies and ongoing advancements – and since we have to remain agnostic, we actively support and encourage companies from across the globe. That being said, we also would welcome seeing an uptick in display manufacturing here in the U.S., which has lost ground over the years. The interest we're hearing from JobsOhio about the state becoming a display manufacturing hub is very promising – and I guarantee that this is just one of several exciting topics to be covered during the Business Conference. We're pleased to be teaming with DSCC in bringing this and many other critical issues needed to advance the display industry to full view for attendees, not only domestically but also on a global scale."
Beyond Gen 10.5 manufacturing capacity developments, perhaps one of the biggest technology topics facing the high-end TV market is the battle between OLED TV and LCD TV with QD, or QLED. The Business Conference will highlight speakers from both camps, with LG Display's Bryan Huh and Samsung's Steve Panosian presenting in the afternoon session, and sharing the stage for what's sure to be a lively Q&A panel discussion.
This session of the Business Conference will draw out the main technology and market trends in TV, and include the following presenters:
- Stephen Baker, VP, Technology Industry Analyst, The NPD Group will present sell-through trends and insight about the US CE and IT market including sales by market segment, brand, size and retail channel, and how the shopping experience is changing.
- Steve Panosian, Director of Product Planning for Home Entertainment, Samsung will discuss Samsung's QLED TVs and its vision for the future of TVs.
- Bryan Huh, Director, Market Intelligence Team, LG Display will discuss the progress and success of LG Display's OLED TV panels and the company's strategies to develop the OLED TV market. He will also share their outlook on how OLED will clearly change our lives in the future.
- Bob O'Brien, President, DSCC will provide his outlook for the major display markets, including TVs, phones, monitors and mobile PCs, and major trends within each market.
- Adam Ellison, Corporate Research Fellow, Corning will join the panel session Q&A and discuss how new developments in glass light guide plates are enabling improved design and performance of Slim LCD TVs.
After these presentations, there will be a panel Q&A session, including:
- Chris Larson, SVP, TCL North America
- Ted Griffith, Managing Director, Information Technology & Logistics, JobsOhio
In addition to the session focused on TVs, many of the speakers for the Business Conference's day-long agenda will discuss technologies addressing the TV market:
- John Zhang, Corporate Vice President, General Manager, Corning Display Technologies will discuss the current state of the LCD business and will examine some of the trends – including the large screen size migration, TV replacement and the increase in Gen 10.5 panel capacity – that are likely to influence the evolution of the industry.
- Dr. Neetu Chopra, Technology Marketing Manager, Kateeva will discuss Kateeva's efforts to enable cost-effective mass production of OLED displays with inkjet printing.
- Dr. Mike Hack, VP, Business Development, Universal Display will update the audience on new technology trends and roadmaps, which will increase the performance and reduce the cost of exciting new OLED products, particularly OLED TVs.
- Jason Hartlove, President and CEO, Nanosys will describe how Quantum Dot technology has entered a new phase of growth and proliferation in the TV market.
The SID Business Conference is sponsored by Corning, Merck, Applied Materials, Cynora, UDC and JobsOhio. For more information on the agenda, please visit www.displayweek.org. Conference fees include lunch, refreshments, access to the Display Week exhibit hall and Tuesday morning keynotes, along with electronic copies of the presentation material and admission to the Monday evening networking reception.
About Display Week 2017
The 54th SID International Symposium, Seminar and Exhibition, or Display Week 2017, will take place May 21-26 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, Calif. Display Week is the premier gathering of system integrators, designers, consumers, scientists, engineers and manufacturers in the field of electronic information displays. For more information on Display Week 2017, visit www.displayweek.org or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter @DisplayWeek (hashtag #DisplayWeek17), Instagram @siddisplayweek or the Display Week YouTube Channel.
The Society for Information Display (SID) is the only professional organization focused on the display industry. In fact, by exclusively focusing on the advancement of electronic display technology, SID provides a unique platform for industry collaboration, communication and training in all related technologies while showcasing the industry's best new products. The organization's members are professionals in the technical and business disciplines that relate to display research, design, manufacturing, applications, marketing and sales. To promote industry and academic technology development, while also educating consumers on the importance of displays, SID hosts more than 10 conferences a year, including Display Week, which brings industry and academia all under one roof to showcase technology that will shape the future. SID's global headquarters are located at 1475 S. Bascom Ave., Ste. 114, Campbell, CA 95008. For more information, visit www.sid.org.
About Display Supply Chain Consultants
Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) was formed by experienced display market analysts from throughout the display supply chain and delivers valuable insights through consulting, syndicated reports and events. The company is in the US and Japan, on the web at www.displaysupplychain.com and can be reached at email@example.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/display-industry-leaders-to-discuss-technology-trends-disrupting-the-tv-market-during-annual-display-week-business-conference-300455685.html
SOURCE Society for Information Display