Disson Skating Broadens Business Scope, Announces Name Change
"Disson Sports & Entertainment" reflects business expansion to include additional sports, broadcast events, sponsorships, celebrity endorsements and artist management on a global basis
MCLEAN, Va., Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Steve Disson, a leader in both the sports and entertainment industries, announced today that Disson Skating, LLC, will now be known as Disson Sports & Entertainment to reflect the newly-expanded and broadened scope of the company.
For more than a decade, Disson's name has been synonymous with figure skating, having created and produced more than 200 televised shows.
The company will continue to produce its four nationally-televised, two-hour figure skating entertainment specials on NBC during the upcoming season, leading into the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi. As part of its expanded capacity, the company will also create, produce and negotiate nationally-televised events and national tours for other sports and for the entertainment industry.
During the past year, Disson's company created the Hilton HHonors USA/China Beach Volleyball Challenge at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu, which was nationally televised on NBC Sports Network and NBC Universal Sports.
In addition, the company negotiated for its client Pandora, the international jewelry company, title sponsorship of Mannheim Steamroller's holiday tour in more than 70 markets around the country and worked with Pandora on a number of celebrity endorsements.
Disson Sports & Entertainment will conduct business internationally as well, and has scheduled the Superstars of Skating show and Superstars of Gymnastics show in Sao Paulo, Brazil in August and October of 2013, respectively. The company is in the process of scheduling these and other sports and entertainment specials in additional cities around the world.
"I am very proud of the expansion of our business and to have such a distinguished group of Board members working with me in this regard," Disson said.
Disson Sports & Entertainment's Board of Advisors is comprised of the following members:
- John Bennett – Former Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of Visa International
- Roger Conner – Senior Director of Communications and Marketing of Catholic Charities USA; Former Vice President of Communications of Marriott International
- Frank Craighill – Chairman and CEO of Altis Marketing; Former President of Octagon Worldwide; Founder of Advantage International; Former President of ProServ; Co-Founder Dell, Craighill, Fentress and Benton
- David Feder – Board Member of three (3) KSL hotels: The Homestead, Grove Park Inn and James Royal Palm; Former Managing Director of the Fairmont Turnberry Isle; Former President of the Fountainebleau Miami Beach; Former President of the PGA National Resort and Spa, Former President and COO of Boca Resorts
- Kay Koplovitz - Chairman of Koplovitz & Co.; Founder and Former Chairman & CEO of USA Networks; Founder and Chairman of Springboard Enterprises; Chairman of the Board of Liz Claiborne
- Joseph Vittoria – Former Chairman & CEO of Avis Inc; Founder and former Chairman & CEO of Travel Services International Inc; Former Chairman of Great Wolf Resorts, Resortquest, Flexcar, eRide and AutoEurope
For additional information on Disson Sports & Entertainment, please contact Lynn Plage (contact information listed at the top of this release).
SOURCE Disson Sports & Entertainment
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.