DLD and Skolkovo Present DLD Moscow
MUNICH, May 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Market leaders Mail.ru, Vkontakte and Yandex, together with a further 40 speakers and 400 guests, will debate Russia's digital future.
Russia is one of the fastest growing and leading European digital markets, as demonstrated by the user numbers and the capitalisation of internet giants such as Mail.ru, Vkontakte and Yandex. The digital conference, DLD Moscow, taking place from 27-29 May 2012, is being held in the Russian metropolis for the first time. Among the 40 speakers will be Dmitry Grishin (CEO, Mail.Ru Group), Pavel Durov (CEO, Vkontakte) and Arkady Volozh (CEO, Yandex). Additionally, entrepreneurs, creative minds and experts from the international DLD community, such as Italian designer Lapo Elkann, Matt Michelsen of Lady Gaga's littlemonsters.com or Japanese architect Kazuyo Sejima, will also be speaking at the conference.
Other speakers (a selection):
- Paul-Bernhard Kallen (CEO, Hubert Burda Media)
- Yossi Vardi (DLD Chairman, Israeli Entrepreneur and Investor)
- Viktor Vekselberg (President, Skolkovo Foundation)
- Maelle Gavet (CEO, Ozon)
- Lars Hinrichs, (Founder and "Executive Geek", HackFwd)
- Robert Goldberg (Managing Partner, Crossroads Ventures)
- Alexander Galitsky (Managing Partner, Almaz-Cisco Fund)
- Cindy Padnos (Founder, Illuminate Ventures)
- Gene Sokolov (Head of Russia, Badoo)
- Eric Hazan (Partner, McKinsey & Company)
- Oskar Hartmann (CEO, KupiVIP)
- Garret Gee (CEO, Scan.me)
- Robert Pszczel (Head of the NATO Information Office in Moscow)
- Cindy Gallop (Founder and CEO, IfWeRanTheWorld)
- Jens Meurer (Producer of "Russian Ark" and other films)
- Aliona Doletskaya (Editor-in-chief of the Russian and German Interview magazine)
- Svetlana Mironyuk (Editor-in-Chief of RIA Novosti)
- Ludwig Siegele (Deputy International Editor, Economist)
As is usual at Digital-Life-Design, the exchange of information and ideas, away from the podium, will also play a significant role. This first conference of its kind in Russia promises the 400 guests expected, 300 of which come from abroad, exciting insights and business contacts in this key location for commerce and technology. More than 50 million Russians use the internet, making the country a dynamic digital and consumer market. DLD Moscow will take place in the "Digital October Center" (http://digitaloctober.com) at the heart of Moscow.
The Skolkovo Foundation, which has played an essential part in bringing digital innovation to the country, will host the event. Skolkovo has its origins in a Russian government initiative aimed at modernising the economy and establishing a competitive high-tech sector in the country.
DLD is the international conference and innovation platform of Hubert Burda Media. DLD Media organises Europe's leading digital conference DLD, the women's conference DLDwomen as well as international network events in places like Palo Alto, New York, London, Tel Aviv, Rio de Janeiro and Beijing. DLD produces media publications, online and video formats as well as studies on the content of the various conferences. It also advises DLD partner companies, start-ups, investors and institutions. Its managing directors are Stephanie Czerny and Dr. Marcel Reichart, who founded the DLD Conference in 2005.
Michael A. Pries
Hubert Burda Media
SOURCE Hubert Burda Media