DNAinfo.com New York Announces "Upper West Restaurant Month" in May Patrons can enjoy specials at participating restaurants from 96th Street to 110th Street
NEW YORK, May 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Restaurants north of 96th street are offering specials during May's "Upper West Restaurant Month" sponsored by DNAinfo.com New York and the Columbus Amsterdam Business Improvement District (BID). This year 15 chic eateries are participating, offering lunch, dinner and drink deals throughout the month as part of a campaign to highlight local food options on the Upper West Side from 96th to 110th Street.
"In the last few years, we've seen a blossoming of excellent new restaurants come to this area," said Peter Arndtsen, district manager for the Columbus Amsterdam BID. "Nearly every block from 96th street up to 110th has something of interest now, and the range of cuisines offered is spectacular, whether you are in the mood for an upscale bistro, soul food and jazz, award-winning chicken wings, Asian fusion, a Taqueria or a French bakery."
"As New York City's neighborhood news source, we have a special interest in promoting restaurants in every part of the city. Upper West Restaurant Month focuses on exceptional restaurants near Columbia University that New Yorkers in other neighborhoods may not have visited yet," said Leela de Kretser, publisher and editorial director of DNAinfo.com New York.
Participating restaurants are detailed at DNAinfo.com New York, and include:
- Bistro Ten 18 at 1018 Amsterdam Avenue, (212) 662-7600
- Buca Brick Oven Pizza at 201 W 103rd Street, (212) 531-8730
- Cascabel Taqueria at 2799 Broadway, (212) 665-1500
- El Ray de la Caridad at 973 Amsterdam Avenue, (212) 222-7383
- Freda's Caribbean & Soul Cuisine at 993 Columbus Avenue, (646) 438-9832
- Krik Krak Restaurant at 844 Amsterdam Avenue, (212) 222-3100
- Miss Mamie's Spoonbread Too at 366 W 110th Street, (212) 865-6744
- PicNic Market & Cafe at 2665 Broadway, (212) 222-8222
- Shahi Biryani & Grill at 71 W 109th Street, (212) 222-8820
- Smoke at 2751 Broadway, (212) 864-6662
- Taqueria Y Fonda La Mexicana at 968 Amsterdam Avenue, (212) 531-0383
- The Manchester Diner at 2800 Broadway, (212) 665, 7712
- The Underground at 955 West End Avenue, (212) 531-4759
- Tropical Sensation at 953 Amsterdam Avenue, (212) 222-0098
- Village Pour House at 982 Amsterdam Avenue, (212) 979-2337
Visit DNAinfo.com New York's "Upper West Restaurant Month" page here for additional details: http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/promotions/upper-west-side-deals.
About DNAinfo.com New York
DNAinfo.com New York (www.DNAinfo.com/New-York) is New York City's leading neighborhood news source. We deliver up-to-the-minute reports on entertainment, education, politics, crime, sports, and dining. Our award-winning journalists find the stories – big or small – that matter most to New Yorkers. The inspiration, funding, and strategic vision for DNAinfo.com come from entrepreneur and Ameritrade (AMTD) founder Joe Ricketts.
SOURCE DNAinfo.com New York