DNAinfo.com New York Wins Six Awards from the New York Press Club …DNAinfo.com reporting team ties the Associated Press for most awards won by single news outlet in the 2012 competition
NEW YORK, June 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- DNAinfo.com New York, the city's leading neighborhood news source, congratulates its staff for winning six New York Press Club Journalism awards yesterday. DNAinfo.com New York tied the Associated Press for the most awards won by a single news outlet in the 2012 competition.
"We are honored to receive six awards from the New York Press Club. It's a major achievement for a news organization that is less than three years old," said Leela de Kretser, publisher and editorial director of DNAinfo.com New York. "We're thrilled that our high quality journalism – and work uncovering NYC's neighborhood news stories – is being recognized by thought leaders in our industry."
DNAinfo.com New York's coverage was recognized in the following categories:
- Best Web Exclusive: DNAinfo.com's Crime & Safety Report by DNAinfo.com staff
- Continuing Coverage: National Arts Club Mismanagement Allegations by Amy Zimmer
- Spot News: Hurricane Irene News Coverage by Jill Colvin, Tom Liddy, Jim Scott, Julie Shapiro, Serena Solomon, Andrea Swalec, and Michael Ventura
- Crime Reporting: Coverage of the NYPD Ticket-Fixing Scandal by Murray Weiss
- Spot News Photo: Photo of Occupy Wall Street Rally by Paul Lomax
- Feature Photo: Photo from Tysha Jones' Vigil by Ben Fractenberg
The NY Press Club, founded in 1948, is a professional organization of members and former members of the news media. The NY Press Club Journalism Awards, presented last night, honor excellence in journalism for journalists recognized as being among the best in their field. This year, more than 400 entries were submitted by 58 metro New York news organizations.
This spring, DNAinfo.com New York expanded its coverage to include all five boroughs, adding reporters in neighborhoods throughout the city.
About DNAinfo.com New York
DNAinfo.com New York (www.DNAinfo.com/New-York) is New York City's leading neighborhood news source. We deliver up-to-the-minute reports on entertainment, education, politics, crime, sports, and dining. Our award-winning journalists find the stories – big or small – that matter most to New Yorkers. The inspiration, funding, and strategic vision for DNAinfo.com come from entrepreneur and Ameritrade (AMTD) founder Joe Ricketts.
SOURCE DNAinfo.com New York