Dodge Dart Achieves New Top Safety Pick+ Rating From IIHS
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Aug. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- 2013 Dodge Dart is third Chrysler Group vehicle to achieve Top Safety Pick+
- This adds to Dart's previously earned IIHS Top Safety Pick status and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration 5-star crash rating – the agency's highest score
- Dart's performance enhanced by more than 60 available safety and security features, including 10 standard-equipment air bags – unsurpassed in its segment
- Dart's 68-percent high-strength-steel content among highest in industry
The 2013 Dodge Dart adds to its list of awards with a Top Safety Pick+ from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
"We are very pleased that the Dart has earned a Top Safety Pick+ designation," said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO Dodge Brand – Chrysler Group LLC. "In addition to its solid structure – the Dart's 68-percent high-strength-steel content ratio is one of the highest in the industry – the Dart boasts more than 60 safety and security features. They include 10 standard air bags, which is unsurpassed in the compact car segment."
The Dart previously earned Top Safety Pick status from the IIHS, recording the maximum possible rating in each of four crash tests used by the IIHS to evaluate occupant protection, the primary attribute of a Top Safety Pick. The 2013 Dart achieved a score of "good" in tests that simulate rollover, rear, side and moderate-overlap frontal impacts. In addition, the Dodge Dart was awarded a 5-star overall rating for crashworthiness from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The Dodge Dart redefines performance with an agile, fun-to-drive experience, compliments of its Alfa Romeo roots. It is crafted with high-quality materials and loaded with state-of-the-art technology and class-leading safety features. The new Dart GT model builds on that foundation and offers attributes compact car buyers appreciate such as a 2.4L engine with 184 horsepower, a sport-tuned suspension, available hyper black 18-inch wheels, along with class-exclusive features like an 8.4-inch Uconnect Touchscreen media center, Uconnect hands-free with Bluetooth and LED racetrack taillamps. The Dart provides drivers with the ultimate combination of power, efficiency, technology, style and safety and security, all for a starting U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of just $15,995.
The 2013 IIHS Top Safety Pick+ award is the Dodge Dart's latest accolade. Others include:
- Most Important New Cars for 2013 List (Washington Post)
- Top 10 New Cars for 2013 (Total Car Score)
- 10 Coolest Cars Under $18,000 (Consumer Guide Automotive)
- 10 Coolest Cars Under $18,000 (Kbb.com)
- Best Value (Texas Auto Writers Assn.)
- Best New Feature -- Thin Film Transistor (TFT) Display (Texas Auto Writers Assn.)
- Compact Car of Texas 2012 (Texas Auto Writers Assn.)
- Ward's 10 Best Interiors for 2012 (WardsAuto.com)
- Most Significant Vehicle-Atlanta International Auto Show (Greater Atlanta Automotive Media Assn.)
- Eight Great American Cars to Spend a Tax Refund On (AutoTrader.com)
- The 25 Most Anticipated Cars of 2012 (Complex Media)
- Editors' Choice Award/Most Significant Vehicle at 2012 NAIAS (AutoWeek)
- Top 10 Cars of the 2012 North American International Auto Show (Kelley Blue Book)
- Seven Hottest New Cars at the 2012 NAIAS (Vanity Fair Magazine)
- 2012 IIHS Top Safety Pick
For nearly 100 years, Dodge has defined passionate and innovative vehicles that stand apart in performance and in style. Building upon its rich heritage of muscle cars, racing technology and ingenious engineering, Dodge offers a full-line of cars, crossovers, minivans and SUVs built for top performance – from power off the line and handling in the corners, to high-quality vehicles that deliver unmatched versatility and excellent fuel efficiency. Only Dodge offers such innovative functionality combined with class-leading performance, exceptional value and distinctive design. With the all-new 2013 Dodge Dart, the all-new Dodge Charger paired with the ZF eight-speed transmission that achieves a class-leading 31 miles per gallon on the highway, the new Durango and the significantly revamped Grand Caravan – inventor of the minivan – Journey, Avenger and iconic Challenger, Dodge now has one of the freshest dealer showrooms in the United States.
About Chrysler Group LLC
Chrysler Group LLC, formed in 2009 from a global strategic alliance with Fiat S.p.A., produces Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, SRT, Fiat and Mopar vehicles and products. With the resources, technology and worldwide distribution network required to compete on a global scale, the alliance builds on Chrysler Group's culture of innovation, first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925, and Fiat's complementary technology that dates back to its founding in 1899.
Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Mich., Chrysler Group's product lineup features some of the world's most recognizable vehicles, including the Chrysler 300, Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Challenger and Ram 1500. Fiat contributes world-class technology, platforms and powertrains for small- and medium-size cars, allowing Chrysler Group to offer an expanded product line including environmentally friendly vehicles.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC
More by this Source
Mopar Unveils New Dodge Dart Pro Stock for NHRA Gatornationals
Mar 13, 2014, 16:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.