NEW YORK, June 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- American Football International (AFI) founder John McKeon and his partner, former Canadian Football League Executive Roger Kelly, are well-positioned to affirm that America's favorite sport is popular – and gaining more yards globally every year. In fact, they are noted by ESPN as the 'world's top authorities on American football abroad as evidenced via their sports media platform, AmericanFootballInternational.com.
AFI serves as the main – perhaps only – source of content that successfully reports on and promotes the game, highlights key players and game results for fans, and acts as an initial contact for scouts or potential players pursuing leads or information (including the NFL).
Football's Global Footprint
To get the sense that this distinctively American sport has a reach that spans far beyond American borders, consider:
- More than 160,000 global visitors per month to americanfootballinternational.com
- The existence of organized federations governing the game in nearly 80 countries around the world
- The NFL draft of Moritz Boehringer, the first player ever to be drafted directly from a European league
With access to NFL contacts, up-and-coming players outside of the U.S., and a love of the sport ingrained for the majority of both founder's lives, americanfootballinternational.com is well on the way to advance their mission of bringing together the global American football fan base to establish American football as the leading international sport.
Recent articles featuring AFI
- ESPN Coverage - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15273529/how-american-football-becoming-worldwide-sport-europe-china-beyond
- Sports Illustrated Coverage - http://mmqb.si.com/2015/07/06/europe-week-football-nfl
American Football International is your source for the latest news and updates about American football outside the United States! AFI is part of the worldwide movement to build, share, and establish American football as a global sport with a global community. Our aim is to bring together the global American football fan base and help establish American football as the leading international sport.
Contact: John McKeon, email@example.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/does-american-football-translate-overseas-300286556.html
SOURCE American Football International