FAIRFAX, Va., May 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Are you finding it difficult to build a reliable support team that becomes your rock solid foundation for success?
According to Monica Davis, "Teamwork makes the dream work."
Davis says that achieving lifetime success is similar to building a house: Begin by laying a foundation of commitment, hard work, integrity, patience, and self-confidence. Then frame and wall your success structure with a team of people who can help you achieve your dream and support you in areas in which you do not have expertise.
"Your team should work for you and with you," advises Davis. "Select people who support your business and professional goals and are loyal to your vision and mission."
To assemble your own dream team, consider Davis' list of 10 Key Traits of your entrepreneurial team candidates. Enthusiasm is important, but these traits will determine whether someone can actually help you reach your goals.
Check for these characteristics when adding someone to your team:
The 10 Key Traits of Successful Entrepreneurial Teams
1. Timeliness. Are your team members following through on their promises to deliver quality work on time, or are they over-promising and under-delivering?
2. Trustworthiness and honesty. When was the last time you did business with someone you didn't trust? Research your team candidates' backgrounds and values to build a team you can trust.
3. Willing to take calculated risks. Calculated risk requires a certain amount of careful planning and thought in order to reduce any potential negative impact. It also protects your investment. Avoid the "If it doesn't work, we'll figure out how to fix it later" approach, which leaves you open to mistakes and financial losses without a backup correction plan.
4. Open to new ideas. Do your team members subscribe to the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," or "This is the way it's always been done" mentality? Avoid team members with these traits. In order to succeed, your team must be open to innovative ways of solving problems. If they're not open to change and new ideas, they may not be a good fit.
5. Admit mistakes and learn from them. Does your team acknowledge the mistakes they make? Are they willing to correct them? Are they courageous enough to apologize when they are wrong? They should be.
Considering each of these 10 characteristics will help you build a strong team that supports your vision and mission for continual growth, says Davis.
Exceptional People Magazine helps business owners and professionals learn how other successful entrepreneurs and business icons make important decisions that can break or make their businesses. Here's how to subscribe to this outstanding magazine.
"Exceptional People Magazine is an incredible source for helping you unleash your full potential," says The Honorable Mike Farhat, President of United States Global Partners, Ltd. "It is a brilliant publication filled with information that you can apply to your business, professional, and personal life - and see results."
About Atela Productions, Inc.
Atela Productions is a multi-faceted media company which provides media services and mind-broadening products that help professionals and entrepreneurs reach their business and professional goals.
About Monica Davis
For over 20 years, Monica Davis has been in the business of influencing and helping people to improve their lives. She is the bestselling author of Welcome to the Top and Start Your Business Right, a media trainer and coach, an award-winning television host and producer, and the publisher of Exceptional People Magazine.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/does-your-team-have-these-10-key-traits-monica-davis-breaks-it-down-300463038.html
SOURCE Monica Davis