NEW YORK, Nov. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The 13th edition of the 'Domestic Bedroom Furniture Market Report – UK 2016-2020 Analysis', assesses the market for bedroom furniture, which has followed an interesting path in recent years, experiencing a period of volatility, which has included reasonable growth in 2014 followed by more modest performance in 2015. The report examines the various aspects driving change in the industry and assesses the likely future prospects for the sector through to 2020.
Key content covered:
- Detailed assessment of the market – analysis of major developments and current future trends.
- Impact of the EU referendum - on consumer confidence and likely effect on the market through to 2020.
- Review of key material and sector trends.
- Review of the supply and distribution structure – assessment of impact of import levels on UK firms.
- Forecasts - for market developments up to 2020.
Recent trends include:
- Market performance of bedroom furniture sectors, including underlying growth factors, trends and future prospects.
- The changing role of the bedroom as smaller homes put pressure to use space efficiently.
- Growing need for multi-purpose furniture and good design.
- Development of niche sectors such as children's bedroom furniture and sliding wardrobe door systems, together with an increase in demand for multi-functional bedroom furniture.
- A high level of imports particularly from the Far East, which has put pressure on UK manufacturers, but given the erosion of the Pound Sterling this may offer opportunities for UK manufacturers to be more competitive both in the UK and overseas.
Key areas covered in the report include:
THE BEDROOM FURNITURE MARKET
- UK domestic bedroom furniture market - market definition, size and current situation 2011-2015, recent market performance, factors underpinning demand and restricting growth.
- Key market influences - including levels of construction, housing market, economic trends, impact of EU referendum, short to medium-term prospects and so on.
- Future prospects – market size and forecast trends up to 2020. Also building and construction market performance forecasts through to 2020.
- Growth in imports and change in level of exports to 2015, supply mix and countries of origin of imports.
- Trends in terms of fitted and freestanding furniture, home office, recreational and multi-purpose furniture.
- Overall UK furniture market size, key drivers and recent trends. Share taken by bedroom furniture, importance of bedroom furniture within the overall furniture industry.
PRODUCT MIX AND MATERIAL TRENDS
- Bedroom furniture by type - fitted or freestanding, product mix and recent trends.
- Market size of sliding wardrobe door systems.
- Key factors driving growth and change in the industry – pressure on space, demands from children/youngsters to young adults staying at home, increased private rental market, technology impacts, etc.
- Product mix, flat pack and rigid – market share, trends, driving factors etc.
- Growth sectors, i.e fitted furniture, storage, children and teenagers' bedroom furniture – shares, recent trends, future prospects, young adults staying at home, market drivers etc.
- Style and design trends - growth in niche sectors, mix between contemporary and traditional styles.
- Materials and finishes - share by materials and trends.
DISTRIBUTION & SUPPLIERS
- Changes in market structure – consolidation in supply structure, growth of imports etc. Increased importance of Internet as a distribution and information channel.
- Major furniture manufacturers and suppliers by turnover size and market share – recent changes, market positioning etc.
- Major distribution channels, and share by type of outlet – Furniture Multiples, Independents, Mail Order/Catalogue, Specialists, Internet, Department Stores / Variety Stores / DIY etc.
- Key companies, by type of outlet – major players.
- Key growth areas – prospects for 2016 and up to 2020.
- Important developments in the major product and market sectors.
- Review of key economic factors impacting the market.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04075457-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/domestic-bedroom-furniture-market-report---uk-2016-2020-analysis-300358825.html