Dominion Offers $100,000 in Community Impact Grants
CLEVELAND, Sept. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Dominion Foundation will award a total of $100,000 in unrestricted grants to area non-profits that have made a difference in the communities Dominion East Ohio serves, through the 17th annual Community Impact Awards competition, sponsored by Dominion and Inside Business Magazine.
The award recognizes cities and community organizations that have made major contributions toward the economic and social revitalization of communities located in Dominion's service area in Ohio.
Entries will be judged by a cross-section of community leaders from throughout Dominion's service area. Winners will be recognized in the March 2012 issue of Inside Business Magazine. The entry deadline is Nov. 30, 2011. For more information, visit www.dom.com, keyword "Impact."
- Projects must have been completed between July 2010 and November 2011.
- Projects must have made a major contribution to the economic or social revitalization of communities in northeast Ohio.
- Projects must be located within the Dominion service area in Ohio.
- Organizations must be 501c (3), or have an eligible fiscal agent.
- On the summary page, please include a contact name, title, phone number, e-mail address and complete mailing address.
Submit a brief summary -- not more than three typewritten pages -- of the project. Attach a copy of the organization's 501c (3) form with entry. Entrants may include support materials, such as photos, press clippings or literature representing the project, but no videotapes or DVDs. Submit all materials in a three-ring binder to:
Community Impact Awards, Dominion, 1201 East 55th Street, Cleveland, OH 44103.
Entrants must use the following judging criteria as a template for the summary:
- Name of your organization, a contact name, title, telephone number, e-mail address, and complete mailing address.
- Give a brief description/history of your community or organization.
- Describe the project your community or organization developed to promote economic and/or social revitalization. Include objectives, benefits, impact and measurable results and community interest/involvement. Include both quantitative and qualitative results.
- The extent to which the project generated positive change and growth within its targeted area.
- The number of people affected/served by this project.
- A description of how the results of this project will encourage and promote future development and revitalization.
- Community impact: The effect the project has on jobs, spending, taxes, etc.
Double check that all information requested in steps 1-7, and a copy of your organization's 501(c) 3 form, has been enclosed with the entry.
Dominion is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 28,200 megawatts of generation, 11,000 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline and 6,300 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion operates the nation's largest natural gas storage system with 947 billion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves retail energy customers in 15 states. For more information about Dominion, visit the company's website at www.dom.com
SOURCE Dominion East Ohio
More by this Source
Dominion East Ohio EnergyShare Program Now Accepting Applications
Dec 02, 2013, 12:04 ET
Annual Inspection Ensures Maximum Furnace Safety, Efficiency
Oct 04, 2013, 13:47 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.