Dominion Offers $110,000 In Community Impact Grants
CLEVELAND, Sept. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dominion East Ohio and the Dominion Foundation will award $100,000 in unrestricted grants, plus a special Environmental Award of $10,000, to area non-profits that have made a difference in the communities the company serves through the 19th annual Community Impact Awards competition, sponsored by Dominion and Inside Business Magazine.
The award recognizes cities and community organizations that have made major contributions toward the economic and social revitalization of communities located in Dominion's service area in Ohio. The Dominion Foundation, recognizing the company's environmental commitment, is offering the second annual Special Environmental Project Award. The award recognizes a unique environmental project or initiative. Application instructions are listed below.
Entries will be judged by a cross-section of community leaders from Dominion's service area. Winners will be recognized in the March 2014 issue of Inside Business Magazine. The entry deadline is Nov. 30, 2013. For more information, visit www.dom.com, keyword "Impact."
- Projects must have been completed between July 2012 and November 2013.
- Projects must have made a major contribution to the economic or social revitalization of communities in northeast Ohio.
- Projects must be located within the Dominion service area in Ohio.
- Organizations must be 501c (3).
- On the summary page, please include a contact name, title, phone number, e-mail address and complete mailing address.
Submit a brief summary -- not more than three typewritten pages – of the project. Attach a copy of the organization's 501c (3) form with entry. Entrants may include support materials, such as photos, press clippings or literature representing the project, but no videotapes or DVDs. Submit all materials in a three-ring binder to:
Community Impact Awards, Dominion, 1201 East 55th Street, Cleveland, OH 44103.
Entrants must use the following judging criteria as a template for the summary:
- Name of your organization, a contact name, title, telephone number, e-mail address, and complete mailing address.
- Give a brief description/history of your community or organization.
- Describe the project your community or organization developed to promote economic and/or social revitalization. Include objectives, benefits, impact and measurable results and community interest/involvement. Include both quantitative and qualitative results.
- The extent to which the project generated positive change and growth within its targeted area.
- The number of people affected/served by this project.
- A description of how the results of this project will encourage and promote future development and revitalization.
- Community impact: The effect the project has on jobs, spending, taxes, etc.
- Did you want to be considered for the Special Environmental Project Award? Yes or no?
- Finally, have you included all the information requested in steps 1-7, and enclosed a copy of your 501c (3) with entry? If not, your entry may be disqualified.
For more information about Dominion's Community Impact Awards, visit the company's website at www.dom.com, keyword: impact.
Dominion East Ohio (NYSE: D) is a subsidiary of Dominion Resources Inc., one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 23,500 megawatts of generation, 11,000 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline and 6,400 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion operates one of the nation's largest natural gas storage systems with 947 billion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves retail energy customers in 15 states.
The Dominion Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Dominion Resources, is dedicated to improving the physical, social and economic well being of the communities served by Dominion companies. Dominion and the Foundation annually award more than $20 million to causes that protect the environment, promote education and help meet basic human needs.
For more information about Dominion, visit the company's website at www.dom.com.
SOURCE Dominion East Ohio
More by this Source
Dominion East Ohio Reminds Customers To Call 811 Before Digging
Apr 14, 2014, 12:19 ET
Dominion East Ohio Distributes $110,000 In Community Impact Awards
Apr 04, 2014, 11:27 ET
New, Lower Credit/Debit Card Fee To Save Dominion East Ohio Customers $1.6 Million Annually
Mar 12, 2014, 09:03 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.