HARRISBURG, Pa., Dec. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Donna K. Lencki, senior vice president and chief marketing officer for Capital BlueCross, will serve as a panelist at the "Leadership in Digital Marketing" Argyle Executive Forum conference today at the Harvard Club in Boston, where she will discuss how rapidly increasing consumer demand for instant access to what they want, when they want it, is revolutionizing how companies and brands market themselves.
"Just as 'digital' is affecting all facets of our lives, so too is it transforming the marketing function in businesses of all sizes and across all industries," said Lencki. "Today's consumer dictates how and when they interact with us, so the digital experience we deliver is critical to how customers perceive our brand. Chief marketing officers must stay ahead of the curve to anticipate the consumer demands of tomorrow, while satisfying the needs of today and engendering loyalty for the future."
"The digital age is serving as a catalyst for myriad changes within the marketing function -- some more profound than others," said Jeff Berardi, chief marketing officer, K&L Gates and panel moderator. "From meeting the strategic challenge of engaging customers or clients through digital channels, to making significant structural changes within marketing organizations, it is clear these forces cannot be ignored by chief marketing officers in any industry."
Lencki highlighted a number of ways Capital BlueCross is engaging consumers through digital channels and advancing its leadership in the digital space:
- All company web sites use responsive-design so the customer has an optimal viewing experience on any device.
- A mobile app provides consumers with a single convenient place to securely store and access personal health information, like their health insurance identification card and names of their prescription drugs.
- In partnership with Seattle-based EveryMove, Capital BlueCross recently introduced a mobile-based initiative to encourage healthy activity.
- The company offers an all-in-one web-based resource featuring a provider finder, a treatment cost comparison tool and an out-of-pocket estimator to help consumers make smarter health care decisions.
- The company continues to expand its social media engagement on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn, and also publishes a health and wellness blog featuring posts on nutrition, fitness, events and healthy recipes.
Lencki noted that the Capital BlueCross' subsidiary businesses are also making significant investments in digital innovation such as telehealth, population health management solutions, and other technologies to serve the evolving consumer market.
Joining Lencki for the panel discussion are: Jeff Berardi (moderator), chief marketing officer, K&L Gates; Rob Egan, chief marketing officer, Healthagen-Aetna; Glen Lipka, vice president, User Experience, Marketo; and Sarah Magazine, vice president of external affairs, National Mentor Holdings.
About Capital BlueCross
In 2013, Capital BlueCross is celebrating 75 years of serving central Pennsylvania and Lehigh Valley residents and businesses as the region's leading health insurer. Through its family of companies, Capital BlueCross brings innovative services and clinical solutions to the marketplace. Committed to delivering medical value to its communities, Capital BlueCross focuses on improving patient satisfaction, enhancing quality of care and reducing costs. The company continues to lead the change in the industry by meeting the evolving health needs of its customers, most recently by entering the retail market and building a first-of-its-kind health and wellness store called Capital Blue. Headquartered in Harrisburg, Pa., Capital BlueCross is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, employing more than 1,800 people. More information about Capital BlueCross can be found at capbluecross.com.
SOURCE Capital BlueCross